Part 1 Heros

It was another picture-perfect day in the dapplewood the sun smiled, the trees grasses hushed, and arthur benton entertained an audience of chickens,ducks squirrels, rabbits, reptiles, toads, and (he tried not to meet their beady little eyes)

Yesterday" Arthur called from the stage dapplewood amphitheater "I concluded the tale of many meteoric rise from the humble street theif to unpaid consultant of the warden's of weirdwood, defenders of humans and fae-born alike!

The air shook with stomping paws and clapping wings as barnyard excitement spread through audience. Arthur's crowds had grown large that pyra had brewed him a special potion that made his voice carry to the critters all the way in the back.

Having rid of Kingsport of unspeakable horrors "Arthur continued, brought a monster hospital screeching out of the sky, retired gentleman Thief Garnett.

Lacroix,I was ready for the next step in my magical education". Arthur arched an eyebrow. " but fate had other plans The crowd grew rapt and slient.

"As you'll remember ,Arthur said voice low and urgent weirdwood manor was on the fritz, leaping wildly from pocket- world to pocket world, like an untethered balloon on too much caffeine.

In the front row a squirrel scout raised her paw." What's caffeine?

Please hold your questions till end," Arthur said. He proceeded to tell his captive critter audience about his descent in the manors abyssment to try and stop the root chewing scarabs.

I decided to return to kingsport and focus on more charitable efforts". he paced the stage telling the dapplewood citizens

How he written obituaries to console kingssport grieving citizens. He expounded, breathlessly on being chased by the order of eldar— one with teeth of rust one with tongue of sliver, and one with skin of stone

He didn't mention the horrible death of huamei the dragon boy. There where bunnies in the audience, after all as the sun dipped into the purple sky Arthur finished his tale with battle of grate else'swhere.

At the climax" of the fight I discovered that I had created the storm cloud city with the obituaries I had written!" He brought his voice to a stage whisper, wiggling his fingers as if each was a wand of indescribable power. Little did i know I could spin a story so convincing that it magically appeared as an entire world unto itself

The audience gasped.

Woahhhh a lone headgehog said .

And so Arthur said voice raising In triumph some might use power pocket whirls to give themselves ,untold riches but I wanted to help those who had lost their homes" he spread his hands toward the sky. So I created the dapplewood! he clears his throat and mumbled. With the citizens of course.

Arthur looked out across the fuzzy, feathered and scaled faces of his audience

if the eraser so much as glances at the dapplewood," Arthur said the warden's and I will splash it with so much ink they'll start calling the pen. It  wasn't Arthur's best joke but the crowd still chuckled with relief  truth was he had no idea how to defeat the eraser.

Anymore questions Arthur said happier ones?

A mouse maiden shyly raises her paw and squeaked,  do you have a girlfriend?

Arthur couldn't keep his skin from crawling. The only Rodentish he could stand to be around was Audrey but the ferret was still missing. 

I did have a girlfriend he said whimsically, staring towards the dark clouds. But she's a rook now

One of the spring chickens whispered to the other I told you he was into birds

Arthur clapped his hands. This concludes today's performance. I'll see you all back here tomorrow.

As the dappledwood citizens, waddle, skittered and slithered towards the stage exits. Arthur left through the backstage