Short Chapter: Custom Made Clothes

"And that's what she said."

"I see. Relay message to thy highness. The painting looks flawless; the brushstrokes that faltered are hidden beneath the layers."

Once I gave my orders, the agent acknowledged my words and left. After leaving a secluded alley, I decided to take a detour before heading straight back to Palais Mermonia to disguise the lingering trace in case someone were to have an eye on me.

On my way, I came across with Ms. Clorinde, accompanied by a Melusine. They seem to be conversing with someone who I do not recognize.

"The design looks gorgeous, don't you think?" questioned by the lady in modest yet sophisticated blue navy dress. In return, the Melusine named Kiara, if my memory serves right, replied, "I absolutely do think as well!"

To which Ms. Clorinde followed suit with a gentle nod, showing her satisfaction, "Indeed, I have no words. I'm certainly impressed. Much to be expected."

My initial thought was to leave them be, but my curiosity won over which prompted me to intervene.

"Ms. Clorinde? It may presumptuous for me to ask, but what business do you have at this-" my eyes roam to scan the surroundings; however, it was already late for me to realize, "boutique..."

Did I just dug my own grave, perhaps?

"Oh, Mr. Nicht. Fancy meeting you here. While I was on my way to Palais Mermonia to handle some paperwork for the investigation report, I happen to have some time and decided to take a quick detour to check on my recently commissioned clothes. I sometimes have my clothes custom-made at Chioriya boutique so we always had a lot to talk about, you see."

Chioriya boutique. Why does it ring bell? Ms. Clorinde seemed to read my thoughts.

"If you're wondering, it is a fashion label managed by Chiori, a designer from Inazuma. They do work fine well and I'm a fan of their sophisticated design. They do their job seriously with professionalism so I quickly became fond to this boutique."

"Is that so?" Seeing her being enthusiast, she really do love the shop so much. It doesn't really interest me to be honest, but I still do have a question in mind, "but why do you need your clothes to be custom-made?"

That's when my gaze came across to her breast. I feel stupid for asking such an obvious thing.

"Ah, I see..."

A/N: Please, pay respect for our fallen hero, the nameless button

"Hm?" Ms. Clorinde looks puzzled so I shook my head to regain composure.

"My apologies for interrupting your conversation with her. That was rude of me. Please continue where you have left. I must now head first since a quick business suddenly came in. Afterall, I just went here to say hello."

"May I ask where?"

Although a bit hesitant, I still prompted to reply as I do not want to appear rude, "To the toilet, real quick."

*****

A/N: Have this Clorinde chibi.

[If you like the chapter, I recommend for you to click the vote button, and comment your thoughts about the story

[If you like the chapter, I recommend for you to click the vote button, and comment your thoughts about the story. Please follow me here in Wattpad if you want!]

- 5/14/24
- 532