「 Chapter 3」: Mission Aborted.

YIPPEE I GOT THIRD PLACE IN ENGLISH COMPETITION1!!1!1

Uhm, apologies. No one cares.-
________________________________________

Medkit grabbed his healing crystal in the distance, beside his table, shattered it, and put all of the small shards of crystal he just made and mixed it with water. He chugged it, shortly after that, he pulled his sleeve onto his shoulder, he saw his left wrist getting recovered slowly.

The only problem is... The healed scar is there. Medkit feared it would be permanent. He brushed it off that thought as nothing really important at all, and continued with his work.

But then, he got an idea, breaching Blackrock and into Subspace's chemical laboratory, he wanted to get Subspace's poison crystals, experimenting new stuff wouldn't hurt. Of course he knows what's the layout and the location, he worked there before. He thought.

Then, he planned something. So, he got himself a jacket, took off his glasses and puts on his usual eye patch, it was winter, Blackrock is super cold. He was in Lost Temple.

The medic stepped outside, with a bottle of water, just in clutch, probably. And started to walk into the crossroads. Not to mention it was in the middle of 11PM, which was midnight. It was freezing outside. The Lost Temple was slightly warmer, rather than the Crossroads, Blackrock would be colder than Crossroads.

"I need to..." He thought to himself, putting some motivation. After half an hour, he was exhausted, his water bottle he had on him is almost finished and before going again, rested in a random bench close to the Crossroads.

"It's another 20 minute walk to Blackrock." He muttered. He sighed, with the coldness taking a toll on him, he was a winter person, but he couldn't bear this temperature if we wanted to keep going, afterall, he is now more used to the warmer areas like the Lost Temple.

He decided if he wanted to get Subspace's crystal to experiment and analyze with, he had to get it. After paying for water that he'd refill in his bottle, the demon simply stands up from the bench and kept going.

He eventually arrived into the center of Crossroads, few to none demons were there, his jacket was the only source of warmth in him. He began to walk his way to Blackrock.

10 minutes passed, the freezing effect is really making him uncomfortable. The jacket isn't enough, as his breath were visible all the time. "How long is this gonna go..?" He spoke to himself, clearly getting impatient.

After he almost arrived to Blackrock, he saw a pink tint in the distance, it was close enough for him to notice, as he approached it, he saw it was Subspace.

"Subspace..." He glanced and the scientist were on the ground, his body covered with snow. "Why the hell are you here..?" He gently wiped off most of the snows before examining him thoroughly.

".... He's unresponsive." He said after shaking him. "Do i have a healing crystal on me or..." He lets Subspace's head rest on his lap, as he grabbed a healing crystal from his jacket.

"... Lucky you i had a healing crystal." He felt odd helping Subspace, he is his enemy, yet he felt like wanting to help him, he couldn't feel more uncomfortable, by the temperature, and his sworn enemy being frozen outside of Blackrock.

He took his water bottle, then he put the healing crystal in his hand, breaking it and putting the crystal shards in his water bottle, it still has a medium amount of water, so it's still going to work. As he waited it to slowly dissolve, he couldn't help himself but thought.

"... This is odd... Why would he be... Here..? Freezing...? I guess i have to take him to my home... I'd probably get shot mercenaries there if i even tried to put him back there." If he carried Subspace all the way to his house, he cannot sneak through the Zetagrafts either, so his plan about getting the scientist's poison crystal was forgotten. And instead, he picked the scientist up, and carried the unconscious demon onto his back.

"Mission aborted, i guess.." He mumbled to himself, Subspace was suprisingly light, maybe because he kept forgetting to eat. Medkit turned his focus on Subspace, rather than breaking into his laboratory to steal something.

However, the medic didn't find any troubles carrying the scientist, as he made his way to the Crossroads again. He couldn't help but felt Subspace being comfortable being carried by Medkit. The scientist's horns wasn't in the way for him to rest himself as Medkit carried him.

Not long after the medic started to make his way into the Crossroads, Subspace snuggled his head to Medkit's shoulder, apparently being more comfortable being carried with Medkit every second.

Once they arrived at the Lost Temple, Medkit was already exhausted, even though the scientist could be easily carried around, he had to walk a lot today.

"...." Medkit brought Subspace to his bedroom. And gently put Subspace in his bed. He was putting the blankets aside. The medic was gonna wait for him to gain consciousness.

Subspace was really warm, after some time freezing outside of Blackrock, his body has used the last bits of energy to keep him warm. Medkit knew this was really urgent, as he turned off the air conditioner in his bedroom.

So, Medkit was in the other room, just doing his paperwork. Subspace was beginning to become better, has he wasn't freezing like a half hour ago. The scientist woke up an hour later, it was literally 00:47 AM right now.

"Err... W-why am i here...?" His head is still heavy after the passed out due to the cold earlier. Subspace thought he was in someone's house as he panicked. "W-why am i in this place!?" He panicked. Before slowly going to the door and peeked in there, no one was around, he thought.

So the scientist sneakily opened the door, trying to possibly get out of the room. Then a door opened, Subspace panicked as he got inside the room again, before he did that tho. He saw Medkit.

"Seems like you've woken up from your... "Nap."" Medkit was wearing his glasses, working in his room. It was odd for the scientist to see. That didn't matter, all Subspace needs to know is how did he get here, so, without any hesitation, Subspace asked.

"H-hey!! Why am i here!?" Subspace looked surprised. "You were freezing, idiot." Medkit sighed, he was irritated with Subspace's loud and unserious tone.

Medkit coldly responded to him, simply by saying. "Your... Dumb creations." He continued to do his work, it was cold because of the air conditioner.

Subspace genuinely felt like he was kidnapped or something, as he walked into Medkit's room, curious. "Ehh? You have work like this??" He stared at the paper, then glanced at Medkit, he was still kinda angry about being here, but knowing it's Medkit, it's probably safe.

"Don't touch any of this or I'm kicking you out again." The medic rolled his eye. Subspace then noticed something, a razor blade. He wanted to examine it further, but Medkit told him not to, more he stared at it, as Medkit didn't seem to notice and was too focused with his own work.

Subspace saw it, it was bloodstained. He knows that Medkit is depressed now, but did he go this far? The scientist urged himself to confront the medic. He looked at Medkit, concerned. He'd never felt like this, he hated seeing someone cheery. But this time he hated someone being so miserable.

"Show me your arms." Subspace demanded. Medkit simply shook his head and stepped back. The scientist felt like forcing him was the right move.

Author's note: My keyboard is literally SubKit right now so i kept remembering it. (Yippee!!).

Medkit took a step back once. He was cornered, and Subspace didn't look happy at all. As he reached out into Medkit's sleeve, and gently pulled it. The medic saw it and pulled it back aggressively, as the scientist began to fight back to see Medkit's wrist.

"Subspace, don't." Medkit teared up. Then he felt like pressured really bad. "Oh c'mon Meddy!!" He was angry as he succeeded to take a decent look on Medkit's wrist. Red lines all over the wrist, some healed, some didn't.

"You..." Subspace frowned. He'd never thought Medkit would be doing this FAR. "I-I'm sorry... W-why did i say that.." Medkit looked up in defeat and stared at the scientist, he shed a tear.

"I hate you so bad."

Medkit sobbed.

A/N: Angst first, then the rest is fluff, hehe. (Cliffhanger teehee!!1)

1,459 words.
4,706 characters.