Don't Steal A Seal

Luckily, it didn't take too long for them to reach Sayaka's house- Santalune City was small, after all.

After Sayaka had opened the door and announced she was home, a face peeked around the corner of the house. She had short blue hair and matching blue eyes- much like Sayaka.

Her eyes widened as she saw Byakuya and Chihiro. "Sayaka, you didn't mention you were brining friends over!"

"These are not my friends, Mom..." Sayaka began, smiling awkwardly at her mother. "These are the people I will be traveling with..."

Sayaka's mother gasped. "Really? And you didn't immediately tell me that?" She turned to look at Byakuya and Chihiro with a smile. "I'm Grace! And who might you two be."

"I'm Byakuya Togami, he's Chihiro Fujisaki," Byakuya said curtly, not wanting to waste any time. With a bit of luck, they could reach Lumiose City today, but that meant they would have to walk a lot in not a lot of time.

"Byakuya Togami... as in the Togami Corporation?!" Grace turned back to Sayaka. "You're traveling with a celebrity?"

Sayaka blushed in embarrassment. "I didn't know, Mom... but, we should really go now! I just need to grab my bag from my room."

"I didn't say yes yet," Grace said, shaking her head with a laugh. "But, have fun, sweetie!"

The woman then ruffled Sayaka's hair who let out a giggle in respond. Sayaka then practically sprinted up the stairs, returned with a backpack, kissed her mother on the cheek and then they were all outside.

That was good. It meant there was just less time to waste. What also helped was that Sayaka had prepared a bag already.

Soon after, they were back on Route 4. But, halfway through their walk, Byakuya let like something was wrong. On the side of the route, an argument was happening. But not just any argument.

It seemed like some people in suits were trying to steal a pokémon from a child.

Byakuya knew he needed interfere. While he would normally not care for things like these, this child looked to be no older than nine at the most. She technically wasn't even allowed to be a Trainer yet.

He quickly stepped in front of the girl. Both Sayaka and Chihiro watched him, seemingly unsure of what to do themselves.

The girl in the suit looked at him, glaring at him from behind her glasses. "What are you doing?"

Byakuya glared right back, next to him Larvesta tensed up. "I'm not letting you steal a pokémon from a child, that's just disgusting."

"We can do whatever the fuck we want," The boy in the suit said, gripping his pokéball.

By Arceus, does he have to swear?

"I won't let you," Byakuya responded, his tone cold.

The boy looked even angrier, but the girl stepped forward. From the corner of his eye, Byakuya could see Sayaka moving the little girl away from them.

"How about we settle this with a battle? Us two against you and somebody else," The girl said, pushing up her glasses.

"Fine..." The boy grumbled.

Byakuya nodded. "Very well." He looked at Chihiro, "Chihiro, come here. I need you to battle with me." He commanded.

"W-wha? Me?" He asked, though he did come forward.

"Yes," Byakuya responded in a cold voice before turning back to the two in the suits. "Let's begin then."'

The boy and girl looked at each other before nodding. "Let's win this," The boy spoke and their pokémon appeared.