Chapter 1- The Night

Stiles POV

 I had dragged Scott out of his house to search for a body that my dad was looking for when two joggers stumbled upon it.

"Stiles, are you sure that the body is here. Also, can we slow down or take a break?". Scott asked as he took out his inhaler so as not to get an asthma attack.

"Scott, I know it's in the woods. My dad's radio had said it was somewhere near a river or up some hill". I wasn't too sure since I was more interested in the part where a body was found.

Both had walked for a while and couldn't find anything that looked like a body or anything.

"Dude, I think we should head back. It's the first day of school tomorrow, and I want to get a good night's rest for the lacrosse practice. Scott asked as both of them climbed a hill.

Stiles didn't care since they sat on the bench during the games. Don't get him wrong; he loves lacrosse but wasn't very good at it. "Oh, come on, man, we both know that we are just going to sit on the bench."

"I'm gonna try to make the first line this year."

I was shocked that Scott wanted to be in the first line, but I'm happy to cheer him on if that's what he wants to do. "That sounds good, but Jackson will make it difficult."

"Crap, I forgot about him," Scott whined, pinched his nose.

Both walked a little way when they got to an area with little trees. Both looked around the ground to see if they could spot anything unusual.

"Stiles, I don't see any body or anything. Let's head back before we get spotted by your dad".

I totally forgot about that. My dad was searching through the woods with K9 dogs and other sheriffs. We have to go back before my dad catches us. He would kill me if he saw me here. "Yeah, let's head back to my jeep before my dad finds us."

They both started walking back, but a howl was heard behind them. Both stopped mid-walk and turned to see only trees. Stiles turned to tell Scott something when he heard a branch break in the same direction as the howl.

Before any of them could say anything to each other, a herd of deer's started to run out at them.

"Scott, run!!"

Both of them ran as fast as they could, but Stiles knew they had to split before they got trampled over and possibly killed. It reminded him of the Lion King for some reason.

"Scott, we have to go in opposite directions before we get trampled by the deers." He saw Scott going to the left, and Siles ran to the right.

"Scott, head to my jeep and go home. I'll see you tomorrow at school". He instructed Scott as they both saw the line of deers running for dear life.

"Are you kidding me? I'm not going to leave you out here in the woods. There may be a wolf out here, Stiles". Scott shouted.

I thought for a moment, thinking there were no wolves here in Beacon Hills for as long as I could remember. "It's okay, Scott. I'll be fine and make my way home once the deers are gone". Stiles shouted back. He saw Scott look worried but then saw him nod and head to his jeep.

I looked around and saw nothing odd but only saw trees. I realized the herd of deer's had disappeared and decided to head home. I had only walked for a bit when I tripped on something and found that something to be a body. To be more specific, half of the body. I was breathing hard and stepping away from the body when I heard a growl behind me and saw two red eyes look at me. I froze at the spot, and the next thing I knew, I felt pain on the right side of my torso. I yelled at the pain and ran as fast as I could out of the woods and onto a street.

I stood there as I was catching my breath and lifted my shirt to see a huge bite mark on my torso and winced at the pain. "What the hell". I mumbled as I looked at the wound that was dripping blood. I had decided to walk, and I heard another howl, this time louder. I didn't stay too long as I started running to my home with pain on my side.

"FUCK THIS SHIT I'M OUT"