001. ─── sunset curve

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗖 𝗧𝗢𝗨𝗖𝗛

EPISODE ONE:
wake up !

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

THE BELL RANG, SIGNALING THE END OF THE SECOND-TO-LAST CLASS OF THE DAY. Kat Ambrose made her way through the crowded corridor, linking arms with her best friend Flynn Taylor as they made their way towards their other best friend, Julie Molina, so they could meet up before their shared, final class for the day: music.

"Hey, underachiever," Flynn greeted Julie, as she unlinked her arms with Kat.

Julie turned to them with a wide smile on her face. "Hey, disappointment. Hey, loser."

"Okay, I know you don't want me to ask you this, but have you figured out what you're gonna do today?" Flynn questioned.

"I'll know in the moment," Julie answered.

"Really, Jules?" Flynn sighed. "That's all you're giving me? Mrs. Harrison said this is your last chance."

"I know. I was there."

"Come on, J," Kat frowned. "You know how insanely talented you are, I just. . . we don't want you to throw that away."

"I know," Julie replied softly.

"See you at the rally!" the voice of Carrie Wilson called out.

The three of them turned their heads to look at the girl, handing out flyers to the people around her.

"Ugh, what is she handing out?" Flynn asked.

"Desperation?" Julie guessed.

"Flyers?" Kat answered at the same time.

Carrie then walked up to them and gave the three girls a flyer each. "Here you go. My group's performing at the spirit rally tomorrow. I'm sure you guys have nothing better to do."

"Oh, my gosh, Carrie, thanks!" Flynn exclaimed in a sarcastic tone.

Carrie put a hand on her chest. "Oh, my gosh, Flynn, don't bother coming!"

She turned and strutted off, handing more flyers out to people. Flynn crumpled up the flyer in her fist in disgust, while Kat took her backpack off her back and placed the flyer inside. Flynn looked over at Julie to see Julie staring wistfully at Nick, Carrie's boyfriend, and raised an eyebrow at her.