Chapter 12- Failed Escape

Sometime later after Stara sighed as she came to the conclusion that speaking with Dominick would be pointless and that she should instead look for a way to escape, she was able to sense that the beast beside her had fallen asleep as she lay under his arms motionless in fear of not waking him up. With much difficulty, she soon managed to escape his grip.

'This is it. I have to look for a way out. I don't think Dravin is around.'

Those words filled up her head as she straightened up and quietly got down from the bed. Her lips slightly twitched as her gaze fell on the younger twin to witness him lying on his stomach.

'Still the same'

She muttered, shaking her face. She was about to walk out of the room but her steps halted and she turned back. She noticed her bloody nail marks on his back.

"No matter what, I cannot be so cruel."

Murmuring to herself, she bent to open the drawer on the nightstand to discover the first-aid kit. She was aware that the Younger Salazar was a heavy sleeper.

She approached him quietly and, in order to prevent infection, first cleansed the blood with cotton dipped in an antiseptic liquid. When Dom moved a little in his sleep, she felt as if her heart would leap out of her chest. Thankfully he didn't wake up, causing her to let out a low sigh of relief.

She gently rubbed a cream with antibiotics on his wounds. Tip-toeing through the corridors, she had a feeling that she may be lost. The place was grand and confusing to her mind as she searched for any way that could lead her toward the exit.

"What a dark and creepy place."

She murmured with a scowl. Not long enough, she found a flight of steps as she made her way downstairs and grinned to see a door.

Her trembling hands touched the doorknob in fear of the door being locked but to her relief, it wasn't. She pushed open the door with all her might and closed it back and turned her face to gasp.

"Wh...What is this place?"

Her voice was full of terror to witness the vast jungle ahead. Her steps took her near an enormous gate. As her eyes scanned the entire area, she saw that the manor-style home was entirely encircled by large trees and that the region was surrounded by a dense forest.

"Oh Lord, how am I supposed to get away from this place?"

Tears rolled down her eyes in utter desperation.

"There must be a highway but I have to pass through this forest first."

She muttered heading in the direction of the jungle. When the chilly air hit her bare legs, she hissed, feeling cold. It was almost the crack of dawn which she was glad about because otherwise, she wouldn't have been able to see a thing.

She had been walking for about ten minutes when she heard the sound of a twig snapping behind her. She gasped in panic and whirled around to see if anyone was following her.

She looked around blinking to spot not a single soul around so she continued walking.

"Urghhhh, why can't I spot the highway?"

Even after more than thirty minutes of walking, Stara was still inside the thick forest, which made her groan in frustration as she knelt on the ground.

"Am I going in the correct direction?"

She desperately asked herself while checking her foot which was covered with several cuts by now.

"You seem a little tired."

"I am tired."

*Gasps*

Her neck could have been broken due to the immediate force she used to turn her face in ultimate shock to see the Elder Salazar casually leaning against a tree.

"You?"

"Me"

She got up and glared at him with rage-filled eyes as he started approaching her.

"How long have you been following me Dravin?"

"Since the moment you left our room, Precious."

His lips twitched as he raised his hand to touch her face but she moved a few steps back, raising, his inner demons as he continued.

"You can fool my twin but not me. Let me tell you that you have been walking in circles for the past half an hour and our men already saw you and wanted to drag you back to us but I was bored and wanted to make you feel happy for a short while."

She fisted her palms as he moved closer and grabbed her form into a tight grasp.

"You can never escape from us, baby."

He muttered nibbling her ear as she whimpered with fresh tears in her eyes.

He forcefully held her hand and placed it above his throbbing manhood.

"I can't wait to f*ck you, Precious, since this is all your fault, and on top of that, you're wearing my brother's shirt, which makes you appear so much sexier."

He tightened his hold on her jaw, causing her lips to tremble, and said. "I will fuck you so hard that it will be enough to make you forget about any other men besides me and Dominick."

"I...I never knew you could also become this ruthless," she breathed, "where is that gentle Dravin that I used to know?"

For a second his smirk disappeared to hear her.

"On your knees now!"

His tone was ice-cold just like his changed demeanor.

"You didn't answer my question?"

She asked, putting pressure on his manhood.

"Tell me Dravin"

"Get your hands off Stara!"

He replied, turning his face away from her since he found the manner she was touching his hardened shaft to be just too pleasing.

"NO! What happened to that gentle Vin of mine? Answer me that first."

She grabbed his shirt and pulled him in, her palm still resting on top of his clothed rod. He was startled by her quick scream but he still refused to reply to her or even look at her which caused her to scoff at him.

"Even knowing about my bug phobia, how could you put me in that illusion room? How were you able to subject me to such mental suffering? If not for Dom saving me at the right moment, the mental trauma would have caused me to spiral out of control. Worse, I could have died you f*cking PSYCHO!"

So what if she was not able to escape, at least she could let her anger out and that's what Stara had in mind.

"Shut up!"

Dravin's furious voice reverberated throughout the entire place.

"At least Dom has still left some of his humanity but you Dravin," she pushed him away making his eyes widen, "you are an exact copy of your damn father!"

To hear her once again mentioning his father, his eyes turned bloodshot in wrath.

"What did you say?"

"I said what I wanted to and I'll say it a thousand times Dravin Salazar," she approached his enraged form and gripped his nape, bringing his face to her level, "because know this neither am I afraid of you nor am I afraid of your twin and I will not let you two to control my life like you both did years back."