5

(This section is purely based on my delusion expect the memory)

JAMES'S BEDROOM - NIGHT

James sits alone in his room, the soft glow of his phone illuminating his face as he scrolls through old text messages between him and Betty. Each message is a poignant reminder of the affection and care they once shared for each other.

As he reads through their conversations, James can't help but feel a sense of nostalgia wash over him. He remembers the warmth in Betty's words, the way she used to talk to him with such tenderness and affection.

But now, those messages feel like relics of a distant past, a time when their friendship nearly relationship was filled with hope and promise. James can't help but wonder what went wrong, how they went from being so close to barely speaking to each other.

A pang of regret fills James's chest as he realizes that he may have taken Betty's affection for granted, that he may have let her slip away without fully appreciating the depth of her feelings for him.

With a heavy heart, James sets his phone aside, the weight of his emotions weighing heavily on him. He knows that he can't change the past, but he can learn from it, vowing to cherish the memories of his time with Betty and to never take love for granted again.

As he sits in the quiet of his room, surrounded by the echoes of their past conversations, James finds solace in the knowledge that, no matter what, Betty will always hold a special place in his heart.

James is lost in thought as he sits in his room, reminiscing about his past with Betty. Suddenly, the door creaks open, and his older brother, Scott, enters the room with a concerned expression on his face.

SCOTT:
Hey, James. Mind if I come in?

James looks up, surprised to see his brother standing in the doorway.

JAMES:
Sure I guess What's up?

Scott takes a seat beside James on the bed, his gaze gentle yet probing.

SCOTT:
I just wanted to check in on you. You seem kind of down lately.

James shrugs, trying to brush off his brother's concern.

JAMES:
I'm fine, just thinking about stuff, you know?

But Scott isn't convinced, his eyes narrowing slightly as he studies James's expression.

SCOTT:
Is this about Betty again? you gotta let her go

James's heart skips a beat at the mention of her name, surprised that his brother knows about his feelings for her.

JAMES:
Yeah, I guess so. Did you... see her today?

Scott nods, a knowing look in his eyes.

SCOTT:
Yeah, I did. She was with her friends in the hallway. Looked like she was having a good time.

James's stomach twists with a mixture of longing and regret. He knows that he should have made more of an effort to talk to Betty when he had the chance.

JAMES:
Did you ever... talk to her?

Scott shakes his head, a hint of regret flashing across his face.

SCOTT:
No, I never did. But I'm telling you that you need to get over Betty there are so many girls out there

Left off here

Tension fills the air as James's frustration reaches a boiling point. His brother's well-intentioned concern only serves to exacerbate his inner turmoil, pushing him closer to the edge.