Chapter 1

*Beep Beep Beep*

        I pound on the alarm and gather all of my strength to sit up.Jeez what happened last night? I stand up to brush my teeth, do the rest of my morning routine and walk downstairs. It's 6:50 and Tyler has 2 minutes to get here before I just take the bus. I hear a honking outside so I go and there he is.

       "Hey babe!" He smiles at me and I kiss him. "That was some party last night."

        I just kinda nod because I don't really remember what happened. I didn't want to go to begin with cause seriously who parties on a Tuesday night? But if I didn't go, Tyler would still go and every girl would be all over him. He's so oblivious to that shit. So, we get to school and I swear every person was staring at me. I get to my locker and my best friend, Victoria, is waiting.

    "Have you seen this shit?" She whisper-yells to me.

    I look up and I am horrified. It's a picture of me crying at that party. "So I was crying?"

    "But why?" She urges

    "Why does it matter? And why does anyone care that I was crying at Cody's party last night? It's no big deal." I state.

    I practically run to English and find a seat in the back. As the people crowd in I don't even notice. I remember exactly what happened last night.

    "Vivian come on!" Tyler yelled from outside my window. My dads were asleep. I'm adopted and my parents are gay. I never think about it too much though. I sneak off the window and onto the roof,  jump onto the tree, and climb down. I hop in his car and we drive off.

  Why am I even going to this? It's Tuesday.  I think.  We get to the party and we're greeted by Cody and Cameron, they're twins.

     "Hey guys! Join the party!" I smile at the greeting and make my way to the kitchen. I pour a coke into a red cup so it looks like I'm drinking. The last thing I need is to get drunk and wake up with a massive hangover. But, on the other hand, people think you're lame if you don't drink at these things. It's the way it is. Tyler was sitting on the couch and Giovanna Slutbag was already sitting next to him trying to get his attention.

     "Hey baby" I say seductively as I sit on his lap. She looks at me, disgusted. "Don't you have a different guy to bother? Maybe one that's I don't know...Single?"

    "I wasn't doing anything, bitch" She sneers. I roll my eyes and flip her off. Tyler and James are having a conversation about the Flyer's game and I'm very uninterested. I look through my phone and text Victoria to come over. She probably wont but you never know.

    "Hey do you wanna go upstairs?" Tyler asked. I knew what he meant but I really wasn't in the mood. His breath smelled like beer and I knew it would just be sloppy and meaningless. Having sex in Cody's bed with Tyler isn't my idea of fun.

   "No I think I'm gonna go outside." I state. He looks sad but shrugs. I just hope he doesn't ask anyone else. Tyler isn't exactly "loyal". I mean he doesn't cheat on me all the time but there were times where he screwed some girl at a party I didn't go to. I think what bothered me most about it is that they all looked the same; brunette, skinny, tall, and rather fake looking. I don't look like that. I'm blonde, kinda skinny I guess, and short.  Very short. Like shorter than everybody in my whole grade.

    I walked out back and took in the scenery that I've seen all too many times before. They had a pretty huge house and their yard was no exception. They had a big pool and patio that went straight to it. Lights hung everywhere. There was beer pong going on in the grass. A fire stood on the other side of the pool. People hung out on lawn chairs by the pool. I stood near the pool and questioned why I even came to this place. I look at my phone. 11:47. Its not too late to go home. I can call my dad and have him pick me up. Sure, I would get into some trouble but my dads understand that I'm seventeen and that sometimes I get into trouble. But, I haven't been drinking or smoking. I'm just so bored.