Chapter 5

Vivian's P.O.V

     I woke up on Sunday at about one in the afternoon and remembered the events of the previous night recollected in my mind. I sat up and looked at the wall trying to think. I finally looked at my phone since yesterday morning. I had a lot of texts from Grace.

  -Can we talk?-

 -I swear I didn't know-

 -Please Vivian can I talk to you?-

   I told her to meet me at Starbucks in an hour. I knew it wasn't her fault and I knew she didn't know. I showered and got dressed and did my hair and makeup. I looked on my bed and saw Cody's hoodie and smiled. I put on my own jacket and walked out the door. I drove to Starbucks and saw Grace waiting inside.

    "Hey." I said as I sat down.

   "Vivian I swear I didn't know. I should've asked or something and I didn't-"

   "It's okay." I interrupt her. "I know you didn't know. It's not your fault Tyler's a selfish douchebag."

   "Where did you go after last night?" She asks me.

   "I hung out with my old friend,Cody."

   "How long were you dating Tyler?" She looks down at her shoes.

   "A little longer than a year." I say, uninterested.

   "Ouch...We were dating for about three months." She says.

   "Let's not talk about Tyler. I'm really tired and I just don't want to think about him." She agrees and we get coffee. We soon start to talk about night with Cody.

    "So, what happened?" She questions.

    "Grace, it was just carefree. We went to South Street and talked and he was so sweet and he took me to this abandoned building. Then we drove for eight hours straight. Four hours to nowhere and fours back home. He told me stories and I told him stories and we were just two carefree souls, driving."

   Too bad he'd never love a fat girl like you.

     I stared at Grace, bewildered. Did she just say that?

    "Vivian, I'm so happy for you. That sounds amazing, way better than my night." She tells me. Okay then she didn't say that. I shake my head and drink my coffee.

    "What happened?" I ask.

   "Well," she starts, "I cried and ran back to my car and Tyler followed me. He told me that I was the girl he wanted and that he was over you he just wanted to find the right time. I told him to fuck off and I drove away. I then ate chocolate ice cream and watched The Notebook and The Perks of Being a Wallflower until my eyes couldn't give any more tears. Then I went to bed."

   "Awe Grace, I am so sorry."

  "Don't be. I'm over it. Tyler was just a dick who wanted sex." She replied. I wince when she says "sex". Yeah, it was implied that they were sleeping together, I just didn't want to admit it. I didn't want to admit anything. I nodded and drank more coffee.

  "Hey, I gotta go.I'm meeting Amelia and the gang at the mall. You can come with if you want?" She asks me.

   "No thanks. I'm actually really tired. I'll see you soon though!" I go back to the car and drive home.

    "Vivian!" Poppadukes gives me a hug. "There you are! What time did you get home last night?"

    "Well I actually got home about eight this morning..." I tell him.