Chapter 1

Grenades. Gunfire. Explosions. Helicopters. Death. This is what I remember when I hear the three words, The Vietnam War. And, as you guessed it, I fought in it.

But, there are two preticular things that I remember most. Private Fox, and my typewriter. Private Fox, AKA, Tom Fox. I met him at boot camp, before I became Private Johnson.

Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Timmy Johnson. I have been obsessed with writing on my typewriter. Before I went into the army, I used to write fictional stories of superheroes and romance.
On every other Sunday, kids from around the block would line up in front of my house, waiting for me to come outside and give them a free story.
Not just the kids loved it, the parents always thanked me for doing it. "No, no. Thank you for taking them," I would answer.
My girlfriend was a real beauty. She always made me feel good. I've known her since highschool. Her name was Elizabeth Anderson. I wish that it changed to Elizabeth Johnson. If only I wasn't such a coward.
I used to live in Austin, Texas. My Girl friend lived with me. Man, do I miss her. 
Well, I should start telling you about my story in Vietnam. And trust me, it is truly a living nightmare.