CHAPTER I (NIGHTMARES...)

This book is intended for adult readers only. Due to the scenes of deviancy and cruelty, I do not recommend reading it to prudish people.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."

Oscar Wilde

Pope John XXII in the early 14th century is said to have uttered:

"Truly sinful is man, and we know well that we will not be able to eradicate all sins. But at least those who persist in them will fill our chests, and these will serve us to do good."

CHAPTER I (NIGHTMARES...)

He led her deeper into the corridor, lower and lower.... The badly tied blindfold pinched her ear and squeezed her brain like a vice, while the rope that bound her hands, closely stretched, gnawed into her skin. - Where am I and what am I doing here? - her mouth screamed soundlessly as her lips were sealed tightly with tape.

The man who was leading grabbed her arm harder, so much so that she hissed in pain.

- This is it, here we are - he growled.

She heard the clink of keys and the rasp of metal being turned in the lock, then the creak of rusty hinges. Gently, yet with an unobjectionable movement, he pushed her forward. She entered the room. She was sure of it, because suddenly the sound became clearer, it became warm and stuffy. They were not alone - all around there were muffled noises reminiscent of... murmurs of contentment? Or were they moans? She also managed to catch the sound of a woman's stifled cry, which at times turned into... screaming? - Fuck! What's going on here! - she thought.

She decided to concentrate on the sounds coming from inside. At the same moment, she felt the touch of the man guiding her and a sudden, strong tug. Removing the blindfold, he yanked out her knotted hair. It hurt, but this pain was nothing compared to the pain that was painted on the face of the woman she had just seen. She was handcuffed to a large, black cloth-covered bed and it was no doubt her moaning and crying that she had heard earlier. Suddenly she felt as if all the blood drained from her body into her legs. Her body went numb and her legs became so heavy that they refused to obey her. She was unable to take another step, her hair literally stood on end on her arms and her body was covered with goosebumps.

At first she thought it was her sick imagination or a visual hallucination caused by too much pressure from the blindfold, and the noises were delusions. She stood stupefied by the sight and stricken with fear. But was it really fear? She had known the feeling before, but could not name it. It was some intangible anxiety that suddenly brought back memories of her childhood...

She was reminded of the arguments between her drunken father and mother. He - tall bruiser, made for physical work, she - tiny, slim, submissive. He liked to dominate her, but he never had the courage to do so when sober, but when drunk no one or nothing could stop him from doing so. Her mother would submit to him without a word of complaint, and sometimes all she could hear was her pain and her moans, muffled thanks to the pillow. She was so frightened then, the fear paralysing her whole, because she knew that when he was done with her mother, he would come to her sister who slept next to her. Yes, it was a real fear, because she saw with her own eyes what he was doing to that innocent girl. She saw the same fear in the eyes of the person dearest to her. Her father when he was finished often told her that her time would soon come too. He didn't make it in time, fortunately, because he died when she was still a teenager. No one shed tears for him.

She was snapped out of her pondering by a woman's terrifying outcry. Suddenly everything happened so fast that she did not even have time to protest. She was afraid of what they would do to her, but her sealed lips prevented her from uttering an outcry. She remembered from her childhood, however, that the longer she resisted, fought back, the more pleasure she would give to her tormentor. She gave in and yielded. – Clench her teeth, endure, survive - that was all she thought about now. Her instinct for self-preservation told her that in this situation it was probably the most sensible thing she could do.