Chapter 1 - In The Woods

Carrie had always been a free spirit ever since she got her wings. Her navy blue wings that shine in the moonlight. Carrie had always been told that her wings complimented her raven black hair and emerald green eyes nicely but she never really believed them. What she really cares about was using her wings to soar through the star-speckled night sky. Her parents always warned her against it but she didn't care and continued flying at night anyway. This particular night, however, was different. This was the night she met Abby. Her night started off normally, she was flying and basking in the moonlit sky. But, as the night dragged further on, she saw something in the distance. Lights, lots of lights. As the lights momentarily stunned her, they had gotten closer. Carrie quickly realized what was coming right towards her. A plane. Yet, before she could react, the plane flew by her, clipping one of her wings. Thrown off-balance and dazed, she began to fall out of the sky. Suddenly, she hit solid ground. As soon as she realized what had happened, she was face to face with another young girl. The girl was knelt down beside her, inspecting her wings. Carrie quickly pulled away, almost smacking the girl with her hurt wing. The girl reared back so she wouldn't get hit. The girl spoke softly to Carrie in an attempt to calm her. "Hey, hey, are you alright? I saw you fall, I kinda thought you were dead. I'm glad you aren't though". Carrie took a breath before responding, "Thanks, I guess". She inspected the girl she was talking to. She had short auburn hair and ocean blue eyes but no wings. Despite this abnormality, Carrie still thought the girl was pretty. The girl held her hand out to Carrie. "I'm Abby". Carrie took her hand, shaking it. "I'm Carrie". She smiled slightly. "I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship" Abby said. "I think so too" Carrie responded.

{End of Chapter 1, 342 Words}