Act 1: Rescue Mission

TW: Panic Attack

Powder was laying on her bed, sadly petting the bunny while Alastor sat beside her with a sad smile. Mylo and Claggor were arguing over who got the bat, neither of the kids cared. To them, it didn't matter. That changed when Vi came in, stumbling down the stairs. Alastor, while glad to see her back, could immediately tell that something was wrong. Powder was so happy that she ran over and hugged Vi as she exclaimed, "Vi, you're back!"

She then saw the look on Vi and swallowed hard as she realized that something was wrong. Vi's breathing became shallow as she reached for one of Vander's old gauntlets. Mylo caught her wrist. "Hold on, Vi. What happened? Where's Vander?"

"They... they took him."

"What? Who?" Claggor asked. Vi then sucked in a shaky breath and explained what had happened. After that, she added, "I have to get him back."

"We'll help you, Vi," Claggor replied. "Yeah, he's our father, too," Mylo added. As soon as he said that, Powder started packing her bombs in her suitcase, and Alastor got up and helped her. Vi, Claggor, and Mylo grabbed their weapons and were about to leave when they noticed the kids were about to follow. Vi sighed. "Powder, Alastor, I need you both to stay here."

"What?" Powder asked. "You're not coming," Vi stated as she approached them. "I'm not afraid," Powder replied. "It's too dangerous," Vi explained. "But family sticks together. You said so yourself," Powder pointed out. "I know what I said..."

"We can help, Vi," Alastor stated. "He's right. We can," Powder added. "You two aren't ready!" Vi exclaimed, taking both kids by surprise. Seeing this, Vi softened. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap. I just don't want to lose you both." She cupped Powder's face, but she pulled away. Vi sighed, then pulled out a flare. 

"Here. If Enforcers come for you, take this and run and stick together. Once you're both safe, light it up, and I'll find you two; I promise."

Vi then touched her forehead to Powder's for a moment before pulling away. She then turned to Alastor, who had a sad smile. Vi ruffled his hair and said, "Look out for each other, okay?"

"Okay," he replied, though both kids felt the awful pit in their stomachs. They watched as Vi, Claggor, and Mylo walked up the stairs. As soon as they disappeared out the door, Powder's heart began pounding.

Her breathing picked up as her mind swirled with anger, guilt, and pain. Tears were streaming down her face as she started pulling on her hair.

"Powder?" She was now hyperventilating and dropped to her knees. Alastor, unsure of what to do, kneeled in front of her. "Powder, can you hear me?"

She suddenly screamed, startling Alastor. Acting on autopilot, Powder jumped up and grabbed her monkey toy. She ripped its head off and threw both parts at the wall. "Powder," Alastor said, standing up.

She then hit the side of her head a couple of times as Alastor tried to get her attention. "Powder, please..." Powder grabbed her box of stuff and held it up above her head as if she's about to throw it.  "Powder!"

She suddenly snapped back to reality and looked over at Alastor, tears still streaming down her face. "Breathe. Just breathe."

She sucked in a deep, shaky breath as she dropped to her knees again, lowering the box. Alastor kneeled down beside her and put a hand on her shoulder. "Are you going to be okay?"

Powder nodded, and that was when Powder spotted the crystals in the box and remembered what they did back in Piltover. "We can help them," she muttered as the tears stopped. "What?"

"We can help them," she repeated, pulling out the crystals. As soon as he saw them, his eyes widened. "Powder, are you sure?"

"Yeah. We can use these if they need a distraction to escape or something."

"Okay, as long as I'm coming with."

"I know you are." Powder smiled, and Alastor's smile grew. They got up, and Powder walked over and grabbed her broken toy. She quickly put the head back on and turned. She saw Alastor with her suitcase and Vi's bunny.

Powder smiled and walked over to him. "For luck?" he asked, lifting the bunny. She nodded, and they packed the stuff they needed. "You ready?" Powder asked. "Ready as I'll ever be." With that, they left. Little did they know that their lives would change forever.