Chapter 43: Point Nemo

"No matter how prepared you are, there is still someone that will drive you to stutter, moreover spill a coffee to yourself"

🛟Point Nemo🛟

TW: SA, SH, and other materials that may not be appropriate for younger audiences and/or may trigger uneasiness for some audiences.

...^-^......^-^......^-^......^-^...

I left him in the arcade. Just like that, and as if I didn't know him. I ran down the street, careful to not be caught crying by the people who don't even give an f about me. 

When I got home, the rain started pouring down, just in time to not get soak. The house was empty, often was. My parents are at work again. We we're kilometers apart and they wouldn't be able to bat an eye if something happened to me. 

I was alone so nothing could ever happen. I did sit on the couch and stare at the window with rainwater dripping down the glass panes. I thought of things, I reflected on things, and I clamed myself, saying people are people. 

I wanted to disappear like most people with the simplest inconvenience in life. As if this was something simple; losing friends is simple, though. I wiped down the tears with my fingers. I smothered less than before. I fixed my posture and took a deep breath. When I exhaled, all the negativities and heavy feelings came along.

Everything was back to normal.

Berhan texted me not long after. The loneliness I felt in the empty house was thrown away by words that lit up the screen.

[ "Hi" ]

[ "Hru??" ] 

Every time we get to talk, there were smiles coming along. A single person showing so much care and concern is beyond more than multiple people doing the same thing. It felt different. I felt seen. Now, that something like this happened, every time I thought of the times I spent with Sage, I felt suffocated. He did everything as he wished and I did everything he wished.

Now that I have someone—someone who makes me feel seen, someone who is selfless, and someone who I know will never hurt me—I can now forget the bad things.

[ "Alone again??? Then you left me no choice but to go there." ] Han's text lit up the screen of my phone after I told him my parents will be home, again, later than usual.

Sometimes he's funny. Every time he cares.

[ "My mom will be mad if she knew you came here while I'm alone" ] I chatted.

[ "No she won't... I'm her favorite child." ] He replied.

[ "Says who? Says the person who said no boyfriends until college?" ]

[ "That's not a bad thing because we're arranged boyfriends" ] I smiled on his joke but kept a straight-face when typing.

[ "What??? Stop saying nonsense things and start changing your clothes" ]

[ "Oh, you really want me to be there?" ] 

[ "No??? Don't forget to bring umbrella" ] 

[ "Okay, be there at 8" ]

I don't know if I can tell him what happened. He had a rough start with Sage. I don't know what he'll do if he knew what happened. 

The bell rang after a long moment, but not that long to make me think it was too early for Han to be here. It was half an hour until eight; maybe he didn't run into a traffic. Anyway, he has a car which I'm glad for, he wouldn't be commuting his way just to meet me.