chapter 1

Virat and Rohit had known each other for many years; their relationship was simply professional but with time it gradually evolved. Various challenges, obstacles, hardships paved the way for them being friends to best friends.

They both were devoted to their team and country. The style of their game was also different. Both of them respected each other. The whole nation cheered for them. What was unknown to the world and even to them that their relationship was going to turn into something more intimate.

One fine morning in a room of a hotel where the ICT was staying during their match against New Zealand. Both Virat and Rohit were laying on the bed and chatting about the various trends.

Rohit don't you think with mahi bhai's retirement, we along with others will be seniors and the fact that new kids like shubman, jaiswal, ishan etc they are coming on form and are prepared to play in the World Cup - Virat

Rohit who listened half heartedly replied in an annoying tone - I just want to finish this match as soon as possible and return to India

Why don't you try to be a bit serious Mr. Sharma- Virat

I am serious about going home baby... - Rohit

Ewwww so cringe- Virat replied in a semi embarrassed tone

Hahaa 😂😂😂 Ohh my baby's embarrassed - Rohit mocked Virat over his reaction

Virat threw the pillow at Rohit which he caught effortlessly and hugged it.

Jokes apart Rohit the ICT will choose a captain and we are the possible candidates - Virat

So what are you implying? - Rohit

I know it won't happen but just say for once a conflict rose amongst us due to captainship will we no longer be friends- Virat said with a serious monotonous expression.

Rohit went near Virat and pulled the brim of his cap, as in it was the only thing between them and wrapped his right hand around Virat's neck and said in a low voice,“I don't know what made you think that but the captainship conspiracy can be the cause for us being closer or more intimate...you know...”

Rohit stood up and went near the door and said in a casual tone,“come on don't overthink let's go and have lunch”

Ahhh yes you proceed I'm joining in a minute- Virat

Rohit went out

Virat unknowingly was staring at Rohit the entire time during their conversation. Unknowingly his ears turned red as Rohit's low voice and warm breath reached his ears. He stood up and went infront of the mirror and touched his ears then the brim of his cap and thought to himself, : ‘what was that and why did I react in such a wierd manner...oh god this is scandalous’...

His train of thoughts were interrupted with a message that popped up on Virat's phone asking him to come fast for launch.

Virat took his phone and left the room.

[Note (...) this means pause (‘...’) this means inner monologue]