Chapter 3

Rohit became busy with his new found duty, which gradually promoted distance between Virat and Rohit. To Rohit this distance was unavoidable for he knew he can't be as carefree as ever and the fact that a new test match against England was approaching made Rohit even busier from discussing whom to take in the team to attending mettings with BCCI.

Virat was in agony for a strange alien feeling was arising in his heart like a parasite about which he was not aware of but he was apprehensive about the unnoticeable distance between them. He as the vice captain was busy too. Somewhere in Virat's heart willingly or unwillingly, anonymous to himself the platonic love for his best friend was growing romantically intimate.

Virat's attitude towards Rohit was frustrating, which was not left unnoticed to his team mates. He was known for his aggressiveness on the field but off the field he was was a kind hearted, jolly vice captain.

One day during their practice session. Virat was observing over Pujara and Shubman's batting but his eyes were sneaking peaks of Rohit working out with Jadeja and again his inner frustration was getting over him as he shouted at Pujara- damn pujji how the hell are you playing at this rate you can only smell the field and shubman if your pace remains the same you too gonna only smell the ground…

Evryone looked at the trio and there was a good amount of silence that followed Virat and the silence too was broken by Virat as he saw Ishan approaching shubman in steadily

Naah look shubman your lover came such an unbreakable bond and there's someone who's too bothered to come- by saying this much he went away to sit.

Rahul Dravid on observing how frustrated Virat was, he approached him and gently said to him,“Virat something worrying you, no I am just asking… I think you should rest and take leave for two days and sort everything going in your mind… it's better that way.”

Virat simply without uttering a single word gave Rohit a last glance and left the field.

Kl Rahul who was observing everything thing standing in proximity to Hardik said to him,“ ae hardik whom did Virat bhai mentioned about being too bothered”

Why don't you go ask yourself?- Hardik

Naah I am better off- Kl Rahul

Rohit who was silent throughout the event asked everyone to return to their position and he himself went to their coach.

Rohit you should talk to Virat about his recent actions- Dravid

Yes sir I will- Rohit

Virat went to his appartment and sank his mind and heart down as he sat at the balcony. His mind was going through a lot of turmoil as a drop of tear fell from his eyes and then another and soon he broke down to tears.

Rohit arrived at Virat's appartment to find it unlocked as he went inside and called Virat multiple times but did not receive any reply just to find him sleeping in balcony, he went near Virat and tried to wake him up but he failed. Rohit touched Virat face to find his under eyes were with tears.

Now Rohit's heart ached and throbbed seeing Virat's condition as he questioned himself and blamed himself for all this chaos. Rohit thought of talking with Virat but now he felt to just hugg Virat to sleep.

Rohit carried Virat to bed making sure not to wake him up and then he himself laid down beside Virat and looked at him sleeping peacefully and unknowingly uttered,“baby, you look cute while sleeping, and sexy while angry… what the hell I am saying! ben strokes; damn this is what happens if you stay with Virat …”

He soon fell asleep near Virat as the clock hit 9:00 and the moon kissed the night sky as the cupid's eye had already fixed his target.