Chapter 3: Nod?

*1st person POV*
Everyone was in silence, and didn't know what to do or say. "Take the Leafmen to Moonhaven. Fortify it. Keep everyone safe." Ronin told Finn, breaking the silence. "What about you?" He asked. "Mandrake will be looking for this pod, but he won't be looking for a Leafman traveling alone." Ronin said. "That's not what I meant." Finn stated. "...I know what you meant." Ronin patted him on the shoulder, a sad expression on his face. "I'll send a word when I reach Nim's." Ronin Said. "You mean when WE reach Nim's." I corrected him. "Aranya, we need to keep you safe." Ronin rebutted. "I don't care.. I need to be with the pod. I'm not leaving that pod, Ronin." I stated. He stared at me and I stared back at him. We both knew this was the last bit of my mother we have left. "Fine." He surrendered. He looked at Finn and nodded, prompting them all to leave except Kaeden who only looked at the girl. "Who are you people? Is this some sort of reenactment or some-?" The girl stated while looking around then she saw a bee that cut her off her sentence. "That's a big bug." She said calmly. "No, It's about average, actually." Ronin answered then came closer to her, while I looked at her confused as to why she said that. "Then what, I'm tiny? She giggled and joked only to gasp and look around. "Oh, no. No." She said as she watched our Leafmen fly above us. "No, no, no. No... what? No, no, no.." She said, panicking. "I'm not sure why the Queen brought you here either, but she gave that pod so you're gonna have to come with us" Ronin tried to console her while she kept saying no. "Make me big!" She demanded. "Huh?" I replied. "I'm not going anywhere until you make me big again!" She freaked out. Oh, holy pods. She is a stomper. I thought to myself. "Uh... You know what? I don't do magic. Aranya does but she only knows element magic. How about you talk to Nim Galuu about that. He might know something." Ronin Said, trying to take the pod from her arm. "Might!" She screamed as something pushed in between them causing him and her to pull apart. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Not so fast, solder boy. You do not yank on a pod, okay?" He said, looking at Ronin. "Especially when it's attached to something so lovely." He continued and now looked at the girl and got closer as I walked closer to Ronin and Kaeden followed. "Talking snails." She said dumbfounded. "Actually, he's a snail. I'm a slug. No shell over here, baby. It just slows me down." He flirts. I can't listen to their conversation anymore and start zoning out until I hear my name. "Aranya!" Said Ronin and I see Mud and Grub in the back of his and Kaeden's hummingbird. "I go with Kaeden and you. Go with Ronin." I said while going towards Kaeden then I remembered I didn't get her name so I turned around and looked at her "Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't get your name. I'm Aranya. What was your name?" I asked her. "MK." She responded. "Word of the Queen's passing will travel fast. We need to travel faster. I'm thinking with all this extra weight.." Ronin said, giving a side glance to Mud and Grub. "We need more than two birds." Ronin said. "Birds. Of course." She breathed out. We start flying then MK starts to ask questions but I start zoning out.

(Aranya will zone out a lot here because this is how she mourn or grieve without crying or have negative thoughts about getting a revenge)

I finally got back to my senses and saw where we were. "Where are we going?" I asked Ronin. "To go get Nod." He replied. "Then.. why aren't we heading back to Moonhaved?" I asked again. "He.. Uh.. Kinda quit this morning." He winced as I shouted "What!" "He doesn't like people telling him what to do!" He defended. "So, where are going to The Races?" I said now in a calmed tone. "Yup." He replied

—--

I watched as Nod came in first place, but when I scanned the crowd, I saw the upset face of Mr. Bufo, (I can't remember his name. If i got it wrong please tell me.) a known con man and race-rigger. Both me and Ronin looked at each other and thought the same thing. We saw Bufo follow him into the bar. "Should we follow them?" I asked. "Neh, let's let Bufo hit him a couple of times before getting involved." Kaeden said clearly having fun that his close friend is going to get beaten and Ronin agreed. Aranya didn't reply and just rolled her eyes then looked at MK, Grub, and Mub. "You three, stay here with Kaeden." I commanded and they nod, but I don't know if they were listening.