Chapter 1

The streets of Pentagram City were busy as Alvina weaved her way through the crowds and various murderous sinners, she had no particular destination in mind for her walk, just a desire to get some fresh air and maybe stop by the shops to get a new dress she'd seen.

But as she made her way towards the downtown area of the city, she couldn't help but stop as she heard 'the gambling overlord' come up at a nearby cafe table, ducking into an alleyway behind the duo of demons gossiping, she quietly listened into the conversation.

"You saw the Gambling Overlord in that has-been hotel's new advert right?" a demoness with a fox like appearance asked her friend, who possessed features like a harpy from across the table as she stirred her tea, Alvina paused at that, no, he had died, or at least that's what she told herself when she was informed that Husk's souls had all of a sudden been freed one night and the Overlord was nowhere to be found, leaving her only a letter hastily apologising and stating he had lost a bet to the Radio Demon. She had assumed Husk had been killed by Alastor, and never quite forgave the radio demon for it no matter how amicable she tried to act with him for Rosie's sake.

"Of course I did Diana, and I'm surprised more sinners aren't talking about how they saw him, but I thought The Radio Demon killed him?" the harpy woman said, leaning forward as if that would somehow keep what they were saying secret.

"Everyone thought that Mary, but now he seems to be up in that hotel run by the princess, you know the one she got into a fist fight about with Katie Killjoy on-".

Alvina didn't stay around much longer after that, preferring to continue out of the alleyway she had slipped into and back down the street, her eyes now focused on the hotel that loomed over the city. There had been a back and forth in her mind on whether or not to visit the establishment for the past few months, especially after she caught wind of Carmilla and Rosie having contributed to the defence of the hotel during extermination day. But now her mind was made up, she continued for the next 30 minutes through the dingy streets and alleyways towards the hotel, ending up at the base of the hill with her eyes following the gravel lined path upwards towards what she assumed would be the front door of this 'Hazbin Hotel'.

She sighed as she lifted up her dress slightly in case she kicked up any dust while walking and began making her way up the hill, making sure to let any rock that happened to slip in her heels know exactly what she thought of it through a long string of Italian curses that would have her mother smacking her on the back of her head and providing Alvina a long winded speech on proper 'lady-like' behaviour, not that her mother ever followed her own advice on such behaviour.

Eventually after plenty of walking and enough curse words to make the Seraphim blush, she stopped at the front door and was actually able to admire the building she had stopped in front of, she had to give Princess Charlie credit, she had managed to make the hotels much better than how it had started in a month and that was even evident in the door itself, with the wood itself being stained a blood red with golden snakes twisting their way to a doorknob in the shape of an apple, how fitting.

She knocked on the door gently and waited, a minute passed before she suddenly heard the door open and a young woman with porcelain skin and rosy cheeks stood in front of her wide eyed, Alvina had seen her on 666 news and knew her by name before that, Charlie the princess of hell.

"Your-" The door closed with an audible slam in Alvina's face before opening again a few seconds later.

Alvina smiled once again, "Your high-" The door slammed in her face one more time and she felt her feathered tail whip behind her in agitation, had coming here really been for nothing? Had she walked for god knows how long and endured her dress possibly going through a fashion crisis of being dirtied by mud and dust for this?

She could hear hushed whispers pick up from behind the ornate door before it finally opened a third time, and stayed open.

"Your Highness, may I finally introduce myself?" Alvina said, failing to hide the hint of annoyance in her voice as the princess holding the door nodded.

"Of course! I'm Charlie" The young woman said beaming as she held out her hand to shake, Alvina simply smiled, letting her own gloved hand firmly shake Charlie's in turn.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance my dear, my name is Alvina".