Chapter 10: Cara Mia

Alexia Riddle

"We are not playing in that weather."

Flint pointed at the storm brewing outside. It was going to be a downpour tomorrow. I rolled my eyes at him. Everyone else was annoyed too.

"A little rain never bothered me anyway." I shrugged. Matt agreed.

"Yeah. She is correct. We don't have an issue playing. Plus we have a brilliant team." Warrington nodded with me. I mouthed a thank you at him and he flashed a small smile towards me.

"Do you have an issue with playing tomorrow, Flint?" Enzo spoke tauntingly.

"Are you scared, captain?" Matt raised a brow at a vexed Flint in front of us.

"N-no. Of course not." Flint tried to act believable.

He failed miserably.

"Great. Its settled then. We're playing the Gryffindors tomorrow." I clapped my hands together. I was so excited to play my first match here. Harry may be an unbeatable seeker till now but his streak was ending tomorrow.

"Kinda weird that I'm the only girl on our team." I whispered to Enzo.

*************

"You're going to lose!"

I shouted over the rain to Fred and George.

"In your dreams." Fred stuck out his tongue at me. What a baby!

"I'm terribly sorry that you have to lose the first match you play, baby R." George showed me a thumbs down.

"You both need to seriously grow up." I rolled my eyes.

"Good luck Harry. May the best player win." I told Harry who was standing in front of me. He blushed.

"Uh..thank yo-" Madam Hooch blew her whistle and I kicked off the ground along with the others. Harry joined a minute late. Within minutes, all of the players were completely soaked. Good thing, I loved rain the most.

And also that my eyesight was perfect and that I didn't need glasses like poor Harry. He was frantically looking around. I almost felt pity for him. I could barely hear the commentary over the piter-patter of the rain. The snitch was impossible to look for. The grey along with the wetness made it very difficult to spot the golden glint.

This weather made it difficult to be steady on the broom. I was afraid I would fly away.

"Hold tight on the broom. Don't let go or else you would fly away." Seemed like Theo thought the same. I nodded and we both went to playing.

That was when I saw a golden glint fluttering across one of the hoops, I made a run for it (here I made a flight for it). Harry soon followed me. Since I had a firebolt and him a Nimbus, I was obviously faster. I let go of the handle with my right hand by much reluctance and outstretched it to grab the snitch. Then a strong gale blew towards me and and blew me off my broom.

Several students screamed, and I couldn't see what was happening in the downpour. My broom was out of my reach and my wand was with Tom.

So, this is how I die. I escape the most dangerous wizard of the century who also happens to be my father but I die by falling. Pathetic. I swirled and swirled and was waiting to hit the ground when Theo flew in and caught me on his broom.