Chapter 5

She didn't even bother to look up, because she had already recognized the tone.
《Save your horrible jokes for tomorrow, Malfoy》Replied Lenore, annoyed. The boy watched her as the young woman crossed the corridor of the carriage, then entered a compartment. He said nothing more, but simply waited for him to disappear from his sight before he too decided to enter his compartment. Lenore took a seat next to Fred and George. She was right in the middle of the twins, and in front of her sat Oliver Wood, her best friend.《Hey 'Nore!"》Said the former.《How are you doing?》The latter asked. The twins had a habit of completing all their sentences in turns, including questions and affirmations.《Better, now that I'm here with you》Replied the girl.《You look annoyed, are you okay?》Oliver asked, who until two minutes earlier was intent on organizing new plays for the Quidditch team.《I accidentally bumped into Malfoy in the corridor》
She explained.《Bad story》Affirmed Fred.《Rather, what pranks are you going to play this year?》She asked jokingly.
《We are already full of ideas!》Rise George.《We spent all summer practicing!》They said in unison.
《I hope you've been practicing as much with those as with Quidditch》Sighed Oliver. Some might say he was obsessed, but in fact he was just a perfectionist, which made him quite nagging, but very often ensured his victory.
They spent the entire trip talking about Quidditch, magic tricks, witch food, and flying lessons. When they arrived at the Hogsmeade station, Lenore put on her uniform and walked to one of the carriages with Oliver, but they could not get into it.
When Lenore reached the last remaining carriage, inside she found the most unpleasant of surprises: the same platinum blond boy she so disliked would be her traveling companion all the way to Hogwarts.
She sat listlessly in front of him as he felt the Slytherin's icy gaze run over her figure, squaring her from head to toe, as if searching for some new detail. In fact, she had changed a lot over those three years: the body of that small, energetic, shy child had transformed into a wonderful girl with clear, glowing skin. Her green eyes glowed with immense warmth, like the leaves of a magnolia tree hit by the summer sun, her hazel hair fell over her shoulders in gentle waves like a spring breeze, and her lips looked like rose petals, protruding slightly but without being too fleshy, colored a soft peachy pink. The young Malfoy seemed enraptured by the figure in front of him, while the girl did not even seem to notice this detail, merely gazing out the window at the view with that feeling of unceasing gaze upon her.
Throughout the carriage ride, neither seemed in a mood to talk. Bad blood flowed between the two, as between any non-pureblood wizard and any Malfoy: he found her drab, utterly unworthy of any kind of attention, and above all ... simply inferior. Likewise, she found him haughty, self-centered, vain, and nothing short of an idiot. If she had been asked to describe him on any given day, she would have simply listed a series of insults that Draco and his friends hurled at all the other students on a daily basis, and perhaps a couple of tasteless, often poorly executed jokes. What he found so hilarious about tormenting others was never clear to Lenore: she thought it was just mean to make fun of others, all the more so if the teaser could barely hold a wand. In fact, Snape's favorite student was no ace at casting spells and transfiguration, yet he seemed much better at potions, or at least simple ones. She, on the contrary, excelled in almost every subject except potions, only because Snape's hatred of Gryffindor always caused the grades in his subject of all the students in the house to drop considerably. It was unfair, but now common knowledge, that Snape had enormous preferences for his students; in fact, it was very rare for a Slytherin to have low grades with him, especially if that Slytherin was a Malfoy. Great name, great power... or maybe not?