Helping Hand

The morning was the worst part of the day for me. I would have to look in the mirror for most things that were a necessity during the morning hours, I had to see my only enemy. Myself. She wasn't who I wanted to be, the girl staring back at me was a disappointment, she ate to much, she let everyone down, and no one wanted her here. I took mental note of ever one of my flaws from head to toe, let me tell you something, I have a shit load of them. I finally pealed my eyes away from the mirror, tears streaming down my face. I walked away I can't look at myself anymore, I hate every Inch of myself.

My bedroom was small, well it was big but three people living in one room makes it seem smaller. I had to go to school dreading every moment I pulled some clothes out of the closet, a pair of black ripped skinny jeans, a flannel and my Doc Martin black boots. People wondered how someone whose family can barely pay for the electric bill could afford a pair of highly expensive boots, but having a rich mom who sends you at least 200 dollars for your birthday and Christmas every year has some perks. My parents have been divorced for about ten years, since I was five. My mom married some hot shot rich guy and left me with my dad. He remarried to someone with five children of her own and with only a three bedroom house I was stuck with two other girls in my room also. The down side of all this is the fact that the two girls I share my living space with always try to steal every expensive thing I buy with my mom's money so I mainly buy knock offs or I hide most of my stuff.

I ran down the stairs to make it to my black Jeep Wrangler to go get coffee before anyone else wakes up. I shut the door behind me and I speed down the road to a little coffee shop to meet up with Jace, my only friend who isn't a librarian.

"Hey Alex over here." Jace yelled from our usual booth in the back of the cafe.

"Hey J." I spoke softly to him. I slid into the booth right next to him.

"So, what's up in the house of horrors?" He questioned.

"Well I still have to hid most of my shoes and clothes from Sammy and Jess if that's what your asking." I replied with a slight anger showing in my voice.

"That's fucked up A." Jace spoke more to himself than me but I picked up his words. He smiled shortly after and continued "Okay I have a question for you."

"And I have an answer." I spoke with a small voice afraid of attraction attention to myself.

"Well my parents are out of town for a while because of some death in very distant family of mine in like Italy or something and I have an extra bedroom as you know and if you want you can stay there because of those girls stealing your stuff but only if you want if you don't it's oka-"

"Hey Jace ?" I giggled at his rambling.

"Yeah?" He asked out of breath.

"That would be great." I laughed lightly.

"What would?" He questioned me with a confused look on his face.

"You such a dork." I said picking my coffee that he had ordered for me and leaving to my car. "You coming?"

"Hell yes." he mumbled also picking up his coffee and leaving just as I did.

I laughed at his enthusiasm for our last day before thanksgiving break and walked to my car. I hoped into the drivers seat and put the keys in the ignition. Reid got into the passengers seat.

"Let's go kick schools ass." He said.

I shook my head and backed out of the cafe. He was so childish sometimes.

➰➰

I was counting down the moments left of my tenth period. I didn't talk to anyone in this class so I decided to sit in the back of the class alone. I wouldn't speak unless spoken to first, so I mainly didn't talk at all.