JESSI

SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA

1:30 AM

JANUARY 13th

Adaliah lays on the floor, passed out after Daxton hung up. She was screaming his name and flailing until she finally passed out. If she hadn't passed out on her own, I may have sedated her just to put her out of her misery. And mine.

"What are we going to do with her?" Amara asks.

"I have no clue. I think we should just stay here until she wakes up, we all need the rest," I mumble leading her to the wall of the Sync. She lays her head on my shoulder and laces her hand in mine.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to drag you into this..." she whispers, trailing off.

"You didn't. Like hell that I was going to let you come here by yourself, not knowing what's happening," I whisper back, running my hands through her pink half-braided hair. She pulls my hand down and folds it in hers, turning to face me.

"Mikah, what is this?" she mumbles eyes blinking fast.

"What is what?" I smile boyishly.

"Us?" she intones.

"What do you want us to be?" I ask.

"I want us to be happy. I know what happiness looks like to me, but what does it look like to you?" she requests, turning the question back on me.

"I want us. I like you, Amara," I tell her, evading her question. She doesn't need to know I will never feel happiness. 

"I want us, too," she whispers, leaning closer to me. I put one of my hands on her neck and bridge the gap between us. Her lips are soft and sweet and taste like violets. Her hands move up around my neck, and I pull her closer to me. My hand wraps around a lock of her hair, and she bites down on my lower lip teasingly. I love when she does that. We stay locked together for what seems like forever. When she finally falls asleep, I wrap my arms around her and fall asleep with her in the corner of my arms. This is going to hurt like a bitch to lose, I think to myself.