Onika's Insatiable {Part 1}

When moonlight crawls along the street

Chasing away the summer heat

Footsteps outside somewhere below

The world revolves I've let it go

Passing in between the cracks of twin street corners, leather bound heels clack incessantly on steady, paved roads in search for the antsy doorkeeper awaiting her arrival. It was past midnight and the blackened night sky above blanketed a sleepy Maryland town, as brothers and sisters of night drank in the quiet and took the lone streets as opportunity to convene for a makeshift trial underneath a tucked away, gothic church. The stars in the sky blazed a linear path right alongside the reflections of the full moon right to stone steps, leading to a secret backdoor to an underground enclosure. Wiping a padded finger past her cheeks, Beyoncé tucks away a stray strand of sandy blonde hair behind a pointed ear and gives doorkeeper Gossamer a curt nod. "Keeper." She acknowledges. Gossamer gives her a small smile. "Pleasure to see you, dame. Has Havre de Grace been treating you well?" She breathes in the cool night air deeply. Her pupils constrict as her irises intensify. The swirling green and gold mixture illuminates in the pathway of the dusty light from the sole lamp looming behind Gossamer. "More than you know." She chuckles, teasing the gloss on her lips.

The luxurious riverside city of Havre de Grace, Maryland had become Beyoncé's new stopping ground within the last forty years and she enjoyed everything the city had to offer. Compared to Biertan, Sicily, Sabine Hills, and Cairo, Havre de Grace was Beyoncé's first time in the states since her departure in the late seventeenth century when her late mother Tina sent her to live with her aunt Delilah in Biertan. Tina was alarmed at the rate of slavers entering the americas at the time due to the transatlantic slave trade and saw it fit for Beyoncé to be raised away from it all in Romania where she would be closer to her mother's original coven. Where she would be raised with stricter "old world" values and a much more watchful eye. According to Delilah, Tina was what her family called "a wandering woman" who ventured where she pleased and had little time to actually enforce the good habits Beyoncé needed to learn as someone new to the world. Their brown pigmentation would have been a problem if they were to stay in the Americas anyway — even if they were vampiric creatures.....not of human origin.

"You don't seem like a woman that goes hungry often." Gossamer's eyes illuminated along with her's without the guide of light. His porcelain skin sagged a little around his hollow cheeks, showing his age. He stood an impressive 6'3 with a head full of carefully trimmed straight, dark brown hair flowing around the crown of his round head. "Harford County has kept me blessed," she joked, making Gossamer laugh along with her, "it's one of the best feeding spots I've ever had."

"Is that right?" Gossamer inquired with an eyebrow raise. He lived closer to Annapolis to be with more members of his own coven, but the city was constantly alive even at night. Which meant that for an aging vampire like Gossamer, he had to go further out for his feedings if he didn't want to cause too much trouble at home. Humans got antsy if too many bodies started turning up near the suburbs and the woods meant competing with mother nature on the off chance he was able to corner an unsuspecting citizen. The streets were too noisy. The people were too nosey and not fit enough to keep his blood lust at an appropriate level. He found himself feeding off bags of old blood from hospital vans more often than not and despised it. He went hungry more than he dared to admit.