CHAPTER TWELVE

[Twenty one year old famous hockey player got into a car accident, and was dead on arrival. Roronoa Zoro died a tragic death on November 30 3:16 in the afternoon. ]

Gasped!. Sanji woke up from a tragic nightmare, he looked over at his window. It was still night time, it was quiet only the sound of beeping monitor rang inside his cold room.

It's been fourteen days as he was having that nightmare, he stayed up until morning. His Body was now very tin his eyes are full of bags and tiredness, all sorts of tubes where connecting on his arms.

3:05

Sanji looked at the clock and smiled it was the time where Zoro walked in and talk to him. Knock, Knock. A gently knock was heard coming from the door as it opens, revealing a green haired man walking up to him. "Afternoon cook" The moss head greeted and Sanji smiled and greeted back.

The green head, Carried Sanji in a bridal style as he put him gently on his wheelchair, "Let's go to the Garden shall we?" Sanji nodded at that question. And soon he felt the wheelchair being pushed.

"What's your favourite Animal Cook?" The green head asked as they went around the garden. "I like Fox" A ohh sound came out of the green head.

They talked about other things and some random stuff, as the sun set. And then they headed inside the hospital.

Sanji sat on his bed, he was exited because tomorrow was the day that they would go to the beach. Sanji moved his head towards the door where the green head talked to the doctor's.

December 15 4:24 PM

Sanji sat in the sand with the green head next to him, the sun was starting to set. He watched as it sank down. Sanji then put his head on the green head shoulder.

"Thank you for keeping your promise" He said, the green head was quiet he didn't said a word. "Thank you for keeping his promise for him Ace" Sanji said, and the green head tense up. "I knew.." He took a deep breath before continuing "i know that you weren't him.." His voice was shaky "I knew he wen't first.. isn't it funny.. the person who expected to be left behind by me. left early than me" Sanji continued his eyes was shedding tears. "He couldn't keep his promise" Ace said as he look at the sun that was setting.

"Thank you Ace, thank you for dyeing your hair green just to keep my sanity" Sanji's voice was breaking. "Isn't he just unfair? How could he just leave like that. i was supposed to be the first to go. He had so many promised that he failed to do he promise me that he would make me better. "

Ace vision was starting to get blurry as his tears was threatening to fall down. "I love him, i wasn't able to say that. if i had just said that i love him would've been better than not saying so."

The threatening tears finally burst. Even in this moment with Ace, Sanji's heart belongs to Zoro. He was the  only one who can mend Sanji's heart, Ace knew that from the beginning. But he couldn't just stand there and do nothing when he saw his beloved crying and losing his insanity because Zoro died. He had what he had to do, he dyed his hair green.

"Thank you,  it was beautiful" Sanji said as he let out a deep sigh and closed his eyes. Ace wasn't sure if the thank you was for him or for Zoro who had created a luxurious memory with the blonde.

"Even so i still couldn't help but to love you" Ace stared at the sky that was completely dark now with stars sparkling in it.

"The sky look beautiful today right Sanji?" Ace said but he didn't hear any response. But even then he still continued to talk. "The wind was cold tonight huh. aren't you cold my love?" He put his jacket onto the blonde who was resting into his shoulder.

"You said you like a fox Animal, then why don't we visit the zoo sometime huh?"

"No good then we'll just watch some fox documentary" Ace wen't on as if talking to a responding person.

Niki who was watching the scene from behind covered her mouth as she cried. And a thought went into her mind.

"Ace was a good man he wasn't hard to love" Sanji's voice that was healthy and was half lively echoed in her mind as she burst into tears.

"Sanji, if. If i meet you first?  will i be the one?" Ace went on "If i had known you first i might have been the one right?" And on "You where so beautiful Sanji. When i first saw you singing in the stage with my brother i fell in love. I wasn't expecting it to be this hard" Ace voice was shaky and breaking.

================================

When they arrived back at the hospital, Ace layed Sanji onto his bed. He looked at Sanji's sleeping body as he slipped his hand at Sanji's waist. He positioned himself so that his head was on Sanji's chest. leaning against his frail frame, Ace could hear the rare beating of Sanji's heart.

Ace closed his eyes while laying next to Sanji until the end. "Good night Sanji sleep well"

Ace woke up as the sunlight penetrated into his skin through the glass window of the room. It was warm. But the body next to him wasn't.

Ace took hold of Sanji's hands, he closed his eyes and squeezed Sanji palm, it was cold. His hands tremble as he looked at the cold hands of Sanji. He refused to believe it, he leaned over into Sanji chest desperately finding the warmth that Sanji had. But there's no more pulse no more warmth.

A sob made its way out of Ace's throat.

He tried to hold it in, but he couldn't all the pain and stuff finally burst out of him. He no longer have to hide his weakness since his weakness is dead. He cried, letting the tears take over his whole face.

He held his face against the corpse neck, embracing. And breathing in all that was left on Sanji.

He held Sanji with the very little strength that he had left in him. He didn't bother to let anyone know that Sanji was gone, he doesn't want Sanji to be taken away from him. He wanted to embrace Sanji for a little while, he wanted to be with Sanji until then.

And so he stayed holding on Sanji's corpse, taking his company for one last time. Before he could never see him again.

Vinsmoke Sanji died in his sleep in the age of twenty one years old. December 16 3:16 Am 2020, but was found on 9:45 Pm. It was to be expected as he have mo chance of ever recovering. And choose the freedom that they called death.