Ensue

I scanned my key card to an electronic reader and listened as it unlocked the door in front of me with a satisfying click, which I swung open with enthusiasm. This "hotel" was more like a resort with its various amenities. It contained a sauna and spa, pool, buffet style dining hall, refurbished gym with courts for all sports, bowling alley, and golf course.

Walking into my hotel room was a refreshing sight in comparison to my home life, which I was lucky to often escape. Being a gymnast fulfilled me. Being good at something and earning the recognition that I deserved was a reward worth hard effort. Making it here to nationals has been the highlight of my week, and staying here for the competition wasn't a small deal either. My parents couldn't even bother to ask about the program. I knew they wouldn't show up, but I don't mind being alone. They never appreciated art or the meticulous craft of making yourself into a performance.

Sweet vanilla smelling perfume was sprayed over my dainty laced top, the pastel yellow fabric draping past my waist, barely covering my daisy duke shorts which I was told before not to wear. Underneath I harbored tightly fitted swim material, which was black and sheer. A one piece which signified rebellion...my end of defiance. I don't tend to do everything in the name of disobeying my strict parents, but I felt the need now to let off my suppressed frustration. In my household it's a crime to think differently.

With my bags thrown around the room, and clothes scattered on the floor I found myself smiling in the body length mirror adjacent to the bed. I felt pretty. I felt the comfort of my own company. I won't leave without making this experience worth it.

I slipped into white sandals with a fresh set of matching polish. My curly hair was strewn into a ponytail. The delicate flower staring back at me through the mirror.
Unlike my friends, I was a little behind when it came to social skills. The ability to be perceived as who I feel I am.
I left my room in no rush, patiently strolling the hallways and glancing out the windows. Presenting a carefree demeanor was the only thing I could control, allowing opportunity to come to me. I wanted nothing more than to be the girl I was constantly dreaming about. Yet the look on my face might tell people I'm cautious and weary. Do people know I'm pretending? My constant thoughts.

The sun cascaded across the hallway floor in radiant traces. The curtains shadows casting bands of light onto my face as I squinted. I shuffled along the corridor letting my hand occupy itself with the touch of drapery.

I finally reached the sliding doors where the pool stood behind. They opened as I approached, and a blast of cool air down poured on top of me. The sun temporarily blinded me, and as my eyes adjusted, I stepped slightly into the heat.

With my vision slowly returning I noticed the crowd of young men occupying the pool. I immediately glanced down at myself and came to the realization of how young I looked. Childish colors and loose fabric that hid my figure. I felt embarrassed to be so enamored with the mere sight of a few boys. But I couldn't help my instinct which whispered I needed to present myself as more appealing.
Without hesitation I was turned around and back on my way down the hall and up the stairs where I scanned my card and pushed open my door.
I sat myself on the bed and started to wonder if I was doing too much. Why do I feel the need to impress strangers? Why do I feel the inability to just be...
Forgetting my previous thoughts, I stripped anyways.

Slipping into a tightly fitted all black two piece which revealed my stomach. The top half hugging my chest and pushing it forward, the bottom lifting me up and keeping me shaped. I found myself in the mirror once again, but it wasn't long before I was back through the halls and down the stairs.
For a cover up I simply used a flowy white lace throw over which was see-through. The contrast to the tight black swimsuit felt even more revealing than the swimsuit on its own. I tried to hurry because I didn't know when they'd be gone. I had to let them see me, it felt like a waste if I didn't.

When I made it to the doors and they opened for me once again, I was relieved to see the boys hadn't left. My heart skipped a beat and I felt like I was walking weird all of a sudden. I was so hyper aware of my movements and facial expressions. I wanted to seem easily approachable, but mysterious at the same time.

That façade was quickly masked when I realized I had no specific place I was walking towards. Now I just seemed confused. The chairs had towels, the pool was filled, even the edges were surrounded by these guys hanging their legs into the water. There was a shocking amount of them gathered here. Are they all together? What are they all here for? That's when I noticed all of them had something in common. They appeared foreign. And most of them were speaking in an Asian language. But then again id hear someone chime in English. They were bilingual as well, how impressive.

I spotted a chair a little ahead of me that didn't seem occupied, close to the edge of the pool. Trying my best not to slip on the wet cement, I treaded to the empty chair and sat down. I didn't bring a towel, or a bag, or even a book. So, I laid there staring at the sky and occasionally looking down in front of me where the boys splashed around. They all looked to be so toned and strong, with long hair falling into their faces that smiled boyish grins. Many of them id say are cute, and some I might call other things...

Eventually my eyes got tired of staring because I knew I didn't have the audacity to talk to them. So, I closed my eyes to daydream and somewhere along I drifted off into my head.

Cold water rained on me, a wave that soaked through every layer I wore. Followed by apology words and the sound of people surrounding me. I opened my eyes and sat up quickly, shivering at the intense change of temperature. My confusion cleared when I saw a few shirtless boys all looking down at me with empathy. And then I held my breath.

"That was terushima". A spiky haired boy admitted with laughter, nudging his friend in front of me who I now knew as terushima. "Dude you're such a snitch". He bursted back trying to contain his smile. I sat in the middle trying not to bite my lip.

"Are you okay"? terushima asked as I shook water off my hands. I nodded in response afraid that if I spoke, I would say the wrong thing. I didn't know if he splashed me intentionally or not. But honestly it didn't matter because it created this opportunity.
"You might as well get into the water now". Terushima told me with a smirk.
Those words are what caused the rest to ensue.