Chapter 18

JUNGKOOK'S POV:

I went to find y/n.

She was watching me from afar not too long ago.I headed towards the spot where I last saw her. I shouldn't have left her in the first place.

Y/N'S POV:

I went to the restroom and saw myself in the large mirror on the wall. In the reflection, I saw a pretty girl whom I failed to recognize right away. I was never used to putting on makeup and dressing up. Sure, I loved these things and desired them, but I never got the chance to adore myself in the past. When I used to live with my so-called 'family,' I was never allowed to wear anything that showed off the small things that I possessed. Being curvy was a sin there. When I finally got the chance to escape from the toxic household, I started living with Eun. I was so tied up in my university work that I skipped all the opportunities to hang out and have fun. Eun always used to encourage me to have fun, but I preferred staying reserved, maintaining a distance from all social gatherings. People in my university thought of me as a nerd. That didn't bother me much. I had to work hard to get a scholarship, so I didn't want to mess up my academic scores. For others, average performance would do, but for me, that was not enough. I had no plan B, so I couldn't mess up my results. I always used to live under a rock. I never tried to approach my classmates unless it was for a group project or so. I didn't make friends, and none of my classmates made an effort to befriend me. They were satisfied with their own friend circle. I don't blame them for their behavior. They were great classmates, didn't try taking advantage of me in any way. They never bullied me. I was satisfied with my life. It was not fun, but I was thankful for not facing any major ups and downs that could have disturbed the pattern set by me. I never felt the need to change my university life and continued to stay entertained by my own company. Now that I wonder, no one must be missing me. I have been skipping my university classes. No one would have even noticed my absence. I have no one who worried about me. The only person who I thought cared about me was Eun. But she also left me.

Sometimes being alone and lost makes me overthink. I forcefully pulled myself out of the thoughts running in my head.I saw myself once again and saw my eyes tearing up.

"Be optimistic" I said to myself. I should be happy knowing that I am alive and not dead. I am looking pretty today!

The person who kidnapped me might be a mafia but he has a heart. He bought me a lovely evening gown!

In the coming future, if I ever get an opportunity to live my life to the fullest then I will not let that opportunity go off my hand. I want to feel loved and happy. I should try hard to get myself together. If I get an opportunity to have fun , then I won't let that slide. I have had enough of suppressing my feelings.

I made a promise to myself to live a better life from now on and not wait for the right moment to come.

I smiled at the mirror. In the reflection , I could see a pretty girl who I recognized as me. She had fierce eyes which held determination. The determination of trying to be happy ! The determination of creating a balance between my student life and my personal life.

I stepped outside of the restroom. Just as I got out , my vision landed on a muscular figure whose back was facing me. Instantly I recognized the figure and went towards it.

Y/N:"Sorry , I had gone to the restroom.I was expecting you to take time."

He turned around and I was shocked to see those eyes. I recognized the owner of those eyes but I was astonished seeing the expression those eyes held. They showed worry . It only took a second for him to change his expressions. His eyes turned back to siren . His face had a playful smirk plastered.