~Chapter Six~

One year later....

I woke up with a pounding headache. I rubbed my eyes lazily as I looked around my room. Today was my nineteenth birthday and I was desperately hoping everyone forgot. I got my period last night and my joints felt like they were going to fall off.

I clutched at my stomach before slumping back down against my pillows. I glanced over at the window that still had the bars lining them. Dad told me he would take them off months ago, not sure what happened with that. I looked over to where I had Mr. Fluffy. He was upside down and face down on my dresser next to a heap of blankets.

"Rise and shine!" Avaya called out barging through the door.

Her nose scrunched up and she looked at me in concern.

"That time?" She asked with a raised brow. My face turned the shade of a tomato as I pulled my covers over my head.

I could hear her chuckle as she walked over yanking the blankets off of me.

"Go away." I tried trying to pull them back up.

"It's your birthday, and we are going to do whatever you want today." She smiled. "But this." Her hands gripped my blankets pulling them further down. Her hair was flowing down her back, song strands were loose, and others were braided. She truly looked like a princess sometimes. She was quickly becoming the best pack warrior this pack has seen in some time. She has been nervous since next challenges are against my brothers.

"What if we just go to the woods again?" I tried; she just gave me a sympathetic look.

"Let's not spend this day waiting to see if that absolute moron is going to show, alright?" She told me squeezing my hand. I just sighed and nodded. As much as I hated to admit it, I missed him. My dreams of him were becoming drastically more frequent and vivid. That place too, I kept seeing places that shouldn't exist, that I've never heard of, even in stories.

"Wren! I'm going out. The others should be back soon." Lucas called as he headed down the hallway. I smiled. Maybe they would actually forget again this year.

"Come on. Go get dressed." She yanked my arms, so I went flying out of my bed.

"Don't you have to train or something?" I question her.

She just rolls her eyes at me.

"Let's go, before I drag you somewhere." She spoke.

"Where are we going?" I asked cautiously. She just gave me a look before pointing at my closet. I settled for a long sleeve cream colored, sweater dress, that flowed past my waist loosely. I grabbed a pair of dark brown leather boots before shrugging them on. Avaya was chuckling as she watched my struggle.

I quickly grabbed my black jacket that landed mid-thigh, before walking back to her direction.

"Forgetting something?" She chuckled pointing to my hair. I groaned and headed into the bathroom grabbing my brush. I ran it through the knots and tangles that had taken over my dark wavy hair.

"Finally." Avaya groaned throwing my bag at me. I just glared at her before flinging it over my shoulder. I followed her out of my room and downstairs.

"Where are you going?" Dad asked raising a brow at me.

"We are going out, Alpha." Avaya responded. Dad just shook his head and glanced back at me.

"Happy birthday, peanut." He spoke pulling me into a hug. He remembered. I froze for a second before wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"Be back at a normal hour please, for my sake." He spoke staring directly at Avaya who had a mischievous look taking over her face. She grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the door again.