4 || The weekend

ZAYAAN
“Bro, what’s up with you these days?” Kahil asks me while I was still in my bed, struggling to sleep. “Nothing. What do you mean by what’s up with me?” I respond trying not to disturb my mental peace thinking about everything these days. It was a weekend and I had planned to sleep all day.

“I asked because you would not really have a plan for weekends but you would be out of bed by 8:00 for sure. But today, you’re not even willing to move from your bed.” He stated with concern. He just knows me too damn well.

“Bro, you really think I don’t know you. I know I am abroad but you’re still the same Zayaan that I used to know.” He says reading my mind. So, my best friend is a wizard.

“Fine! I will tell you. Actually, Kaira had an important project and as always she was pressuring herself. I was just scared she would get ill. She is always busy and never takes time out for herself or us. I just told her so. I know she’s an overachiever and craves perfection but she told me to not interfere and I was getting annoying.” I blurted everything.
Kahil sighed. “Zayaan, I will repeat this. Kaira is a good girl and you are not wrong in your own views but.”

“But?”

“But, I think you both are just not meant for each other.”

“WHAT!”

“Don’t panic. I am telling you that she needs someone who can treat her like a baby, spoil her and just…just make her believe that she doesn’t have to be perfect. While, according to me, you also need someone who gives you attention 24/7. I know damn well you're trying to change your love language for her...But-"

“You basically mean to say that we aren’t meant for each other, right?” I question him.

“Yes!- Don’t tell me you just ignored whatever I just explained to you.” He states, the frown is visible in his face.
“No…I listened but I am not convinced.”

“Fine...I can understand. You’ll have to think outside the box to understand what I said.” Kahil said and then we had to bid bye.
Still, Kahil's words echoed in my mind. I am going to cry at this rate. I decided to call Kaira and ask her if she was free to hang out. As one might have thought, she refused saying she was in a meeting and later on would prefer to sleep all day.

So, I just took a shower, changed into new clothes and went down to take a walk. Much to my astonishment, I saw Samira busy on her phone. It looked as if she was talking to someone and hadn’t noticed me. I should greet her.
As I walked towards her, she looked as appalled as I was but must have realized this was my neighborhood, judging from her face. She also greeted me and asked me if I was free. I said yes.

“Do you wanna talk about the data analysis over a cup of coffee?” She asked me, scratching the tip of her ear. “I will invite Inaya, Razat and Akul as well. I know that it's the weekend But-"

“Sure. I am free anyways.”

SAMIRA
I feel so weird in front of him. I am normally grumpy and confident in front of others but he has that effect on me. I become shy and embarrassed and I am not able to speak in front of him. Moreover , I stutter. Don't tell me that I am falling for him. I shouldn't!
I come out of my thoughts as I hear Zayaan calling my name. He told me that Inaya and Razat will not be coming. As well Inaya must be in a state of blissful slumber and Razat is on a date. I guess that's how they are.
So..it was just us now. It was going to be awkward because no matter how much He tries to create a good environment, I ruin it.

"So, do you still wanna discuss the data analysis or just leave it for some other day?" He asks me.

"Let's just have a cup of coffee. It's my treat."

"Well, I am not really a coffee fan, I can have hot chocolate or something else."

"Oh!" I respond wondering how can someone not like coffee. "So, what else do you like? Basically, you hate bitter things as I can guess"

"Yup! Exactly. I don’t like bitter things but I have a sweet tooth. So, anything sweet would do." He says.

"I guess all the sweetest people have sweet tooth." I blurt unaware of what I just said.

"Uhh...Sweet! Thanks, Samira" He responds with that bright smile of his making me feel butterflies in my stomach. God Ira! How can someone make you so flustered!

We reached the coffee shop and it gave the warm, soft and cosy vibes. It had aromatic scents of freshly brewed coffee and it was totally my type. Zayaan seemed to like this shop too. We took a seat and I felt good despite the awkward silence between us. It was as if we knew each other well, it would be much better company.
Well, I don’t know about good luck or bad luck but we saw Razat entering the café. “Isn’t that Razat?” I asked.

“Yes, he is!”

“RAZAT!” he then exclaims.

Razat spots up, shock equally evident on his face, and starts to approach us. “You guys are here!” He states.
“Yup! Weren’t you on a date?” Zayaan asks him, unaware of his friend's whereabouts. “Did it go well?”
“No bro..it failed miserably,” Razat whined and we both asked how.
“Well, it was going well at first we both met at the fountain and she said that she would go shopping. So, we went to the mall and she started buying some stuff. I thought that she didn’t have to buy much stuff so I offered to buy it for her being the gentlemen I am” He boasted about himself while Zayaan shrugged his shoulders and just said, “Yeah, the exact opposite of a gentleman.”  I tried not to laugh but let out a chuckle at the statement and Razat’s reaction. Razat's face was like "I am serious bro-"

Razat continued saying, “She didn’t stop there and just continued and switched to more expensive items. I thought she would stop soon but NO! She never stopped. I felt frustrated and asked when she would stop. She just said okay and went to the restroom. I waited but she never arrived. In the end, I realized she wouldn’t come back and I had to go while paying for everything.”
“The hell bro! I never knew you were this stupid.” Zayaan said chuckling. God! He is so attractive. But I couldn’t stop laughing too.

The rest of the day we all spent talking and I got to discover the side of Zayaan I never thought I would see. Razat seemed like a good guy too. He was humorous. Well, I thought I was interrupting them but they seriously made me feel included. It felt good. I could say that this day would be in my memory forever.