II

If I'm given that chance...

.

.

I will never forgive you.

.

.

The taste of bitter pain lingered on my tongue as I woke up yet again as Athanasia. My heart beat loudly as I remember my very own cries as an infant and the same sight of this loathsome person in front of me.

The same cold gaze.

The same disdainful smirk.

Claude de Alger Obelia.

Who am I? What made me the way I am?

He was the very person who made me stop my cries and stare at him with all my might.

He was a real psycho.

I will remember this very day—the moment you betrayed and abandoned me.

I was not born an antagonist, but my life experiences have led me to become one. You made me one.

So, I'm an animal? Go ahead, compare me to one. Perhaps then you can understand me better.

Animals are simple and pure, with clear, strong drives. So am I.

I'm an animal that you could kill at your whim.

But that doesn't make you any different.

You were worse than a beast than I am.

I am steeling my heart, emptying my thoughts.

I will destroy this empire and bring you down with it.

I will make sure, that you will beg me to spare you.

I will make sure you'll feel the pain slowly and surely.

I will make you feel what betrayal and abandonment are.

Ceasing my cries, I dared to stare at the man who could cut my throat with his own very hands.

His cold eyes glare at me, but I look at him with the same disdainful expression he has.

He scoffs and uses his mana to intimidate me. But—

I am Athanasia. I am an Obelia.

I trusted my instincts and relied on the flow of mana to protect me from him.

He was taken aback at first and smiled, as if he had just seen the most fascinating creature in the world.

"Athanasia De Alger Obelia."

The name and surname I despised echoed throughout the room.

"Let us see how long you can survive."

He left with a glowering expression of rage and anger.

In this life, Your Majesty, I will witness your demise and decay.

I will make certain that you come to your knees and beg me, just as I did.

I will make you cry tears of blood.

.

.

Living in desperate circumstances allowed me to grow up safely with Lilian York. The maids who had been mistreating me left on their own accord after I tried every possible scenario to expose them. In the end, only Lilian stayed by my side.

Lilian, my dear Lillian. She tragically died while attempting to protect me. But this time, I am not going to let her die in vain.

I turned five years old this year. I grew to the point where I could discern and use mana. However, going up against that man would require me to be at my peak performance.