Chapter Five

Hurricane

"Sis, please, I'm really sorry..."

"You really expect me to believe your stupid apologies at this point, even after everything you did to ruin my LIFE?!"

"I don't understand what's wrong with you lately, but I'm tired of you blaming everything on me. As your stepbrother, I-"

"STOP... ACTING... LIKE... WE... ARE... FLIPPING... RELATED! I TOLD YOU THAT I DON'T WANT THE WORLD TO KNOW THAT WE'RE RELATED! I'VE NEVER SEEN YOU AS A STEPBROTHER, AND I NEVER WILL! GET THE HELL OUT OF MY LIFE, CHIP!"

"... Hurricane... one day, I will no longer be around. I will be off to pursue my life goals. I will get myself a stable career and possibly find a romantic partner if I'm really lucky."

"Pff, as if any of that will happen to you. YOU'RE A LITERAL TRAIN WRECK! LOOK AT WHAT A MONSTER YOU CAN BE WITH THAT STUPID DANGEROUS CHAINSAW ON YOUR FACE AND THAT DUMB 'PERSONALITY OVERRIDE' THAT RANDOMLY GETS TRIGGERED AND BECOMES A SAFETY HAZARD TO PEOPLE! Do you even THINK at least ONE PERSON will feel safe around YOU?! HA! DREAM ON, CAUSE THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! EVERYONE'S TERRIFIED OF YOU!"

"My point is, I'm the only one trying my best to connect with you as much as possible, but all you've done for years is push me away. Your PTSD is seriously interfering with your life at this point. You need to figure out a way to cope with your mental illness the right way and to do your best to just let the past go. It may not be easy for you, but constantly thinking about it can seriously deteriorate your mental health. I never wanted to be the reason for what happened to you, but you need to stop acting like all of this is my fault, Hurricane. Craig was the one who let you go."

"STOP! DON'T BRING UP THAT STUPID CEO'S NAME AGAIN! IT'S PURE NIGHTMARE FUEL!!"

"And Robert was the one who ultimately fired you from the entire company."

"SHUT UP, CHIP!! I CAN'T STAND HEARING THEIR NAMES OUT OF YOUR STUPID MOUTH! JUST STOP!!!"

"I was only part of your terrible injury that destroyed your shapeshifting ability. And yet... you're just dumping all your problems onto me. I've been nothing but loyal and caring to you, and you gave me nothing but pure hatred and war. All you've been towards me is disrespectful and ignorant."

"I have a right to be, don't I? You ruined my whole life, took away every last ounce of my innocence, and you tried to physically hurt me multiple times. YOU were the reason for ALL MY TRAUMA!"

"Regardless, Hurricane. One day, we'll go our separate ways in life-"

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD, GET OUT OF MY CAR, GET OUT OF MY BED, GET OUT OF MY HEART!!"

"And eventually, you'll regret everything you've snapped at me in my face about."

"YOU'VE RUN UP YOUR TAB, YOU TOOK IT TOO FAR, SO PACK UP YOUR BAGS, GET OUT OF MY HEART!!!"

"And for the love of Cog, please control your anger. Your illness is causing you to act so awful towards me."

"One more word out of your damn mouth about my stupid PTSD and I will OFFICIALLY LOSE MY SANITY! YOU ARE DEAD TO ME, CHIP! DEAD!!!"

I was suddenly jolted awake by loud knocking on my apartment door downstairs. I gasped for air, not knowing why I felt like I had just run a long marathon and had loud, thumping heartbeats in my chest. My heart was beating rapidly and my forehead was covered in cold sweat. I swiftly turned my head to look at the clock.