Finals

——skip to a month later——

Today was the day we were going to play against the ducks who had made their way to the finals after making the playoffs and played much better with their new coach.

"We have to play harder than usual, alright?" Coach reilly said as he showed us the play. We could tell he wanted us to hurt them but I knew that Elisa couldn't she's not like that, but I on the other hand was super excited to finally get to play against the ducks, because last time I broke the hawks record. I had to make sure tho that no one got on my nerves since that's why I'm called Hannah "Big mouth" Jackson. I talk back a little to harsh to some people some times.

We played pretty good in the game and we were already in the lead with 6 goals in the first period. I had made 4 and Elisa 2. I knew they were gunning for me but I didn't really care, I was after all stronger than them. After the second period the score was 7-3 which was crazy since they hadn't made a goal against us ever.

Adam had gotten the puck skating down the ice while McGrill was behind him. I saw that McGrill was gonna do something to Adam but I couldn't stop him, I wasn't fast enough. McGrill had pushed Adam very hard into the board and Adam had lost consciousness. I skated over as fast as I could to Adam screaming at McGrill for hurting Adam. He was taken off the ice by the medics but he still made the goal which wasn't such a good thing for our team.

Me and Elisa promised each other to play harder than ever for each other since we knew that we had to win this. At the end of the third period it was a tie 8-8 and the ducks had gotten a penalty shot. Since I awas the captain I had to go talk to the ref about it but he told me that it was in fact a penalty shot since I had "tripped" this guy with the name Conway on the back which I thought was a bit rude since I didn't touch him.

The Ducks had chosen their penalty shooter and to my surprise it was their worse player, Conway. I didn't understand why they chose him to shoot until I heard the buzzer go off and the ducks cheering. He apparently did the famous triple deak.

I couldn't believe it, the ducks had won and we had lost. This was crazy we had never lost a game ever and now we lose to the underdogs?

Coach Reilly was really mad at us and screamed at us  for a long time in the locker rooms. He was especially scream at me.

"HOW COULD YOU DO THAT JACKSON? MAKING THEM GET A PENALTY SHOT? YOU REALLY ARE PATHETIC" he screamed directly at me. I couldn't bare it any more so I talked back to him which wasn't such a good idea.

"YOU TOLD ME TO DO IT, YOU TOLD US TO PLAY DIRTY SO I DID!"

Coach walked up to me and slapped me across the face hard enough for me to fall down. He proceeded to yell and after some time he just left. We didn't talk so much in the locker room that day. We only changed and walked home. Me and Elisa were walking home when we saw the ducks running over to us making us even more sad.

"You guys lost" Goldberg said while laughing with the others.

"You guys suck. I mean how could you loose against us huh?" A little boy named Jesse said making everyone laugh even harder.

Me and Elisa just walked away as we heard them called us names behind us. When we parted ways I just ran home, I couldn't bare thinking about the fact that we lost against the worst team in the whole of Minnesota.