part 17

Recap

_jimin:_ (tearfully) "I can't... I can't move on... I love her too much..."

The scene fades to black, jimin's tears falling like rain, his heart still shattered into a million pieces.The hospital room is quiet, jimin lying in bed, his friends surrounding him. One of them, jungkook, pulls out his phone and dials a number.

jungkook:_ (into phone) "y/n, it's me, jungkook. I need to tell you something about jimin..."

Authors pov

Y/n's voice is heard on the other end, concerned.

_y/n:_ (over phone) "What's wrong? Is he okay?"
_jungkook:_ (hesitantly) "He's been in an accident, y/n. He was driving recklessly and crashed his car. He's hurt pretty badly..."
Y/n:_ (gasping) "Oh no! Is he going to be okay?"
_jungkook:_ (sadly) "We don't know yet, y/n. But there's something else you need to know. He's been saying your name over and over, and... and he's been crying for you. He's still in love with you, y/n."

There's a pause on the other end, and for a moment, no one speaks.

_y/n:_ (softly) "I... I don't know what to say. I'm happy with jin now, but... but I never wanted to hurt jimin like this..."
_jungkook:_ (gently) "We know, y/n. But maybe you should come see him, for closure if nothing else. He needs to know you're happy, and that you've moved on."

Y/n agrees, and the call ends. Jimin's friends look at each other, hoping that y/n's visit might bring some peace to their hurting friend.
Y/n is sitting in her living room, telling jin about the phone call from jungkook.

_y/n:_ (concerned) "jin, I don't know what to do. Jimin's been in an accident, and he's still in love with me. His friends think I should visit him, for closure..."
_jin:_ (supportively) "Oh, y/n I'm so sorry. That must be really tough for you. But do you think visiting him is a good idea?"
_y/n:_ (hesitantly) "I don't know. Part of me wants to go, to make sure he's okay. But another part of me is scared, jin. I've moved on, I'm happy with you now. I don't want to go back to the past..."
_jin:_ (encouragingly) "You're strong, y/n. You can handle this. If you think it'll help jimin, and give you closure too, then maybe you should go. But only if you feel comfortable, and only if you know it won't compromise your happiness with me."
_y/n:_ (gratefully) "Thank you, jin, Just talking to you makes me feel better. I'll think about it, and decide soon."
_jin:_ (lovingly) "Take all the time you need, y/n. I'll be here for you, no matter what you decide."

The scene fades to black, y/n looking thoughtful, weighing her options, and jin offering a supportive embrace.
to the hospital

In hospital

Y/n, jin, and jimmy are waiting anxiously outside jimin's room.

_y/n:_ (concerned) "jin, I don't know what to do. Jimin's been in an accident, and he's still in love with me. His friends think I should visit him, for closure..."

_jin:_ (supportively) "Oh, y/n I'm so sorry. That must be really tough for you. But do you think visiting him is a good idea?"

_y/n:_ (hesitantly) "I don't know. Part of me wants to go, to make sure he's okay. But another part of me is scared, jin. I've moved on, I'm happy with you now. I don't want to go back to the past..."