𝒊𝒊𝒊. TIME STANDS STILL

SWAN SONG  )
" time stands still "
ACT ONE   —   white swan

(  SWAN SONG  )" time stands still "ACT ONE   —   white swan

' bloodhounds '
chap' 3

i.     choi residence

hyesoo's head lung low as she carried one of the boxes. she had promised mr choi no disappointments, but with the amount of money they had lost, he had to be, making her feel utterly sorry.

as they walked out off the elevator, yangjung stood there waiting for them. "good job." he encouraged hyeonju and geonwoo as they walked past him, squeezing their shoulders. but when woojin was about to walk past him, too, the older man stopped him.

hyesoo, who was right behind him, halted too, before moving next to the boy. yangjung noticed her bruises right away, but decided to ignore it for now. "good job." he said once again.

"right, thank you." woojin replied half-heartedly. hyesoo softly smiled at her uncle, having little energy as her head started to throb again.

"you kids get some sleep first. come to my restaurant at lunchtime."

hyesoo nodded, the thought of sashimi making her feel better. "for what exactly do you—," woojin slowly asked him, unsure what was wanted from him.

"for food."

hyesoo questiongly faced woojin when she noticed his quiet state, her uncle sharing the same expression. "do you not want to?" yangjung asked him as he glanced towards his niece. hyesoo only shrugged her shoulders when she noticed her uncle looking at her, not knowing why woojin seemed to be against it.

"i don't usually eat lunch."

"come."

"yes." woojin answered him quickly.

"go on, then." yangjung sent them off. woojin bowed his head while hyesoo smiled at him one last time. as the two walked towards the entrance, the girl glanced at him. "why don't you eat for lunch?" she asked him. "you shouldn't skip meals, especially when you're boxing! you need lots of proteins and fibres and vitamins and—,"

hyesoo stopped herself from talking when she noticed that she had began to ramble. woojin looked at her when she didn't continue speaking. "why did you stop?" he asked, but hyesoo only shook her head.

"no reason. we should head inside, it's cold."

when they walked in, they carried the boxes downstairs. there, mr choi was already waiting for them and hyesoo got reminded once again about all of the money they had lost. when hyeonju walked past them, mr choi faced the other girl, who he considered just as family as the girl he had adopted.