.04

Jungkook's POV

I was in the middle of finishing this design for a client that was coming in the next few hours, when my phone started ringing. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and saw that it was Minjee.

I raised an eyebrow, wondering why she was calling me. She only calls if it's an emergency, since she's more into texting than calling. Just to make sure she didn't butt-dial my number, I answered.

"Hello?"

"Jungkook, something is wrong with dad, I think he had a heart attack." She said, her voice a bit shaky, like she was crying.

"A heart attack, what do you mean?" I asked, standing up from my chair.

"Dad went on his morning run and about twenty minutes later, he called me, saying he needed an ambulance and he was having chest pain. Mom left to go see if he was okay, but he hasn't been back yet and it's been two hours."

"Fuck.." I started pacing a bit, trying to figure out what to do. "Alright, give me like 30 minutes and I'll be there, there's some things I have to do first before I can leave, okay?"

"Okay." She said, sniffling a bit.

I hung up and let out a sigh, trying to control my emotions before I started having a panic attack. I dialed my next client's number and waited for him to answer before explaining to him that I had a family emergency and couldn't do his tattoo today. Surprisingly, he was understanding and we rescheduled for another time.

I told my boss what was going on and he was also understanding and let me leave early. I gathered up my things and went to my car, getting in and starting the car. I pulled out of the small parking lot and drove in the direction of my parents' house.

As I drove, I called all of my brothers in a group video call and set the phone on the phone stand, so I can focus on driving.

The first one to answer was Yoongi, who looked like he just woke up from a nap. Then Hoseok answered, next was Jimin, and Taehyung answered last.

"This better be important that you're waking me up from my nap." Yoongi said.

"I wouldn't be calling if it wasn't." I said, glancing over at the screen. "Minjee called me and told me that dad had a heart attack."

Everyone was silent, until Yoongi spoke again.

"This better not be one of your fucking jokes, Jungkook, if so, you really-"

"It's not a joke, I swear, she called me and said that dad went on his morning run and then twenty minutes later, he's calling her and telling her that he needed an ambulance and was having chest pain. Mom went to go see him and hasn't been back in two hours."

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's go to the hospital and see if he's there." Taehyung said in a worried tone.

"Well first we have to find out which hospital he's in or if he's at the hospital at all." Hoseok said.

"It's been two hours, he has to be at the hospital by now, right? Someone in the neighborhood had to have seen him and called for help." Jimin said, also worried.