More harm and even more foul

Mackenzie

It has been two days following Bluey and Bingo moving in with us, I loved having them, but they were both in pain, and I knew they were still going to hurt. It was evening now, and that's when I picked up a call that I hated.

"Is this Bluey Heeler?" The voice asked, "She's busy currently, but I may relay a message, who is this?" I asked, "This is the hospital in which Mr and Mrs Heeler are located, I regret to inform you that Mr Heeler suffered a concussion and is in a temporary coma."

"I-is Mrs heeler okay?" I asked, "She is awake and stable, she will return home in a week or so. For now, just be safe, sorry for the news." The woman on the line and I exchanged goodbyes and hung up. Now comes the worst part, telling the two.

"Bluey, Bingo? May we talk?" I asked them, they were just chilling in the room watching a movie. "Yea... Sure Kenz." Bluey replied.

"I have some good and bad news." I told them, "Bad news first, please." Bingo asked, "Your dad is in a coma..." I told them, Bluey got worried, while Bingo began to cry, her relationship with her dad was much more profound than Blueys.

"Is mum okay?" Bluey asked, "Yes, but she will still be in care for a week or so." I told her, Bluey hugged Bingo and tried to hold back her own tears.

"Bluey..." I held her paw and looked at her, "It's okay to cry babe..." I told her, she got me in on the hug and the two cried, I just hugged em both as tight as I could... These two are like my family now."

"K-Kenz..." Bluey stammered, "I'm sorry for all thi-" I stopped her, "Bluey, you've done no wrong. Don't blame yourself for what's going on around you, be kind to yourself, I'm sure Bandit will come out of it eventually." I told her, she seemed to lighten up.

"T-thank you Kenz... I love you"

"And I love you, now please... Get some rest. The both of you."

I let them get tucked in, and I closed the door behind me as I left.

"Goodnight Bluey and Bingo... See you at dawn."