twenty-seven.

the next morning there was a loud gasp, evie and ant waking up to see harper with evie's thong in her hand. "oops?" evie said and ant snorted, helping evie dress before he fist bumped her and left to go to his own cabin.

"ant. again?" amerie asked and evie looked at the two of them bashfully. "she's really sex deprived huh." harper agreed with amerie on that one and evie just rolled her eyes, going to shower and change.

"alright everyone take a seat." jojo instructed. "space yourselves out!" evie was sitting beside missy, she was wearing low waisted jeans a long sleeved black shirt and a short sleeved shirt layered over it with a grey headband.

evie kind of zoned out, ignoring what everyone was saying

"could it be evie?" she heard harper's voice over the speaker. "maybe it's to get back at me for sleeping with malakai."

"but why would she be out to get me for what you did?" amerie's voice said.

"i don't know she's been a shady bitch since we met her. she doesn't tell us shit anymore like why she was covered in those bruises. she spends most of her time with ant and spider anyway now so.. probably  won't be her." harper said over the speaker and evie narrowed her eyes at harper and amerie.

"what about malakai? i mean he did stop being friends with me because i realised he was gaslighting evie into thinking she wanted to be in an open relationship whilst he was figuring out if he liked boys or not." amerie said and evie just covered her face with her hands. "we don't know what he's capable of."

when the recording finally finished, evie looked over at malakai with a pleading stare. "malakai you know i wouldn't say that about you." evie said, a hand on his arm.

"i know. i just can't believe she would." he shrugged off evie and stomped off following voss into the bush.

after the little blindfold fiasco, evie was walking in front with spider who ordered everyone to have a rest break.

evie decided to sit on her own under the shade of a tree since she was annoyed with sluts, wasn't a cumlord and wasn't a puriteen.

"hey." malakai went over to evie and held out some mushrooms for the blonde. "everyone else just did them and ant is high as fuck so.."

evie ate the mushrooms, joining everyone else who was sitting around until they kicked in.

everything felt wavy as evie laid down on the floor, she saw purple elephants lining the skies and a giant ibis telling them stories. the blonde was chatting away to a little pink chipmunk who sounded strangely a lot like woodsy as she told it about all of her boy problems.

evie was drawn to malakai's laugh as he giggled. "evie come back!" he called out and evie got up and stumbled over to him. "you're back!" he exclaimed and evie grinned down at malakai.

"kai." evie cooed, not realising rowan wasn't sitting with malakai. "i missed you kai." she hummed, sitting down on the floor next to malakai.

"come come come here." he beckoned evie over and she sat right under his arm, nuzzling into him. "can you see the purple elephants too?" he asked and pointed in the air.

evie saw the big purple elephants dancing across the sky like the scene in dumbo and evie giggled at the sight of them. "they're dancing." she snorted, leaning into malakai's arms. "i love you." evie pointed to the little purple elephant in the sky.

"i love you too, scary." malakai said absentmindedly and evie laughed gently, yawning as she laid next to malakai. he laid down next to evie and ran his fingers through her hair mumbling something or other as evie laid her head in the crook of his neck, throwing her leg over his waist as they both fell asleep.

the next morning, evie was woken up by malakai stirring under her. she woke up and blinked at the sudden flash of light. "mmphf." evie grumbled as she woke up, burrowing her face closer into malakai's neck.

she felt his hand brush against her spine, a familiar shiver took over evie's body and malakai's familiar scent invaded her senses. "shit." evie muttered, rolling off of malakai and she looked down at him waking up and realising it wasn't rowan he was cuddling, in fact it was evie.

"shit."