THE THREADS OF PUPPET

"I did the best today"

"no, I did it"

"excuse you all, I was the one who is the best"

"Aehh! I was the best one, right mahi bhai?"

"oh, yeah, let's ask mahi bhai, who was the best one mahi bhai?"

"of course, me right?"

"why do you all want to lost to me so much?"

"excuse you!!"

Mahi chuckled fakely at all the chaos going on as his eyes caught virat who is packing his cricket kit without looking anywhere but it seems as if he felt mahi's gaze at him, virat immediately turned around smiling at mahi making mahi look away.

Whole team went to their room, taking shower as mahi removed foundation from his neck and jaw, uncovering the hickeys as he started scrubbing those marks more harshly feeling himself hyperventilating but that didn't stopped his vision from blurring cause of tears.

Throwing the scrub away, mahi took deep breathes as he felt an unknown knot in his throat, stopping him from yelling, shouting, unleashing his pain while tears started to fall as he cried, holding onto the sink, looking at the marks of betrayal, hurt on his body.

Taking shower one more time, mahi tied the towel around his waist as he walk out of the shower, immediately feeling arms around his body from behind as mahi felt lips trailing kisses down on his neck, shoulder while the arms cares his waist and hips.

"These marks looks good on you, you know I was dying to get a whiff of you"

The person says, nosing mahi's neck as mahi mutter out "virat" making virat, immediately break the hug as come forward to look at mahi with a frown while asking "not virat, call me cheeku. I like this nickname more"

Mahi watch virat going towards the table near the bed as he wear his clothes before sitting on the bed while virat come towards him with food in his hands.

"when will it End Vira-.......cheeku?"

"what are you saying? We have to get married, live happily together, this is not going to End. And of course you don't want it too, right? After all it is about our-......Oops! your future"

Mahi released a shaky breath as he took the bite from Virat's hand before asking "how long......how long have you lo-"

"from past three years. I will tell you about my whole. One. Sided. Love. Story which now has become two Sided. I love you so much baby and will always do"

Virat says as he cares mahi's cheeks before feeding him again until the food finished as he gave painkiller to mahi who took it without look at virat. Angry by this behaviour, virat grabbed mahi s hand tightly pulling him towards him as mahi halfly stand on the bed, still on sitting position while Virat stand in front of him, gritting out "why aren't you looking at me? You are only allowed to look at me, not at other. I don't have any idea what I will do if I saw you with others, physically or verbally"

Mahi slumped down on the bed trembling as he watch virat leaving his room. With trembling hands, mahi grabbed his phone, dialing the number as he hear voice from other side making his lips wobble, wanting to cry.

"hello mahi"

"Sa....Sakshi"

"mahi!? What happened? Are you okay? Is everything okay?" Mahi hear his fiancée worriedly rambling as he couldn't help but to take a deep breath before lying.

"I am okay......just......just wanted to say something"

"what mahi?" Sakshi ask only to hear the words that crumbled down her whole world as she hear the phone hang up from the other side.

"I don't want to get married"

Mahi put the phone away after putting it on silent mode as he look outside the window where birds are chirping, flying, playing with each other..................happily. Has this word left his life.............forever?

Going back to the bathroom, mahi washed his face as he look at his reflection which are showing purple marks all over his neck and jaw as he heard voice in his head.

"Oh My God! Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the legend of cricket is gay"

"force his junior to sleep with him"

"you slept with your junior"

"would they believe you or me?"

"would they believe you?"

Mahi felt his eyes stinging as he grip on soap bottle near the sink tightly before he heard another voice.

"you are quite cute with tears"

"I got to know about it last night"

"don't cry cutie"

"AARGHH!!!"

Shouting loudly mahi throw the soap bottle on the mirror, immediately shattering it into pieces as take deep breathes before realising what he did as look around anxiously while pulling his hair harshly. He felt his breathing his slow down while dizziness get over his head as he heard the door of his room open while a voice called him.

"mahi bhai!"

"mahi bhai, are you inside?"

Mahi heard hardik's voice as he try to keep his mouth shut only for a loud shattering sound echoing the room when a hanging broken mirror piece fall down while he hear hardik knocking on the bathroom door vigorously.

"mahi bhai, are you here?"

------------------------------------------------

"how did it happened?"

"I was playing with soap bottle"

"oh...."

The team members try to clean the mirror piece as Rohit look around the bathroom before he caught something unusual. He noticed mahi flinching when virat went near him as the silent room suddenly got filled with heavy breathes when virat out his arm around mahi's shoulder...................Something is wrong in here?

*********************************