37|On the Outs

Vote, comment & enjoy!

Kaida 'Indigo' Aoki| 21

🗓️Thursday, April 3rd📍Outside Njay's House

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I ask looking through the car window and at the house, "Yuh seh you wah help yuh friend but after weh Rome tell me, mi nuh wah yuh go by yourself" Syn answers and I sigh heavily.

I'm still a bit shaken up after what happened two days ago and even though Mari's doing the best he can, I unfortunately have reverted to a few of my old ways to cope with the memory.

"Yuh ready" he asks and I gather all the courage I have left to nod my head, "I'm here to help my friend" I mumble to myself as I open the door getting out.

"Yuh nah fi worry, him nuh deh yah. Him gone pan the road wid Rome dem suh we have at least an hour" he informs me and I put some pep in my steps. 

Picking the lock on the door, he pushes it open and allows me to head in first before checking the outside surroundings before coming inside.

Stepping into the room Priscilla was in, she was awake and the TV was on but it seemed like she was deep in thought about something. Her eyes only shifted to look at me when I was at the foot of her bed.

"Pris" I called softly and her eyes filled with tears, "I should've died that night, at least it would be better than living in this hellhole" she says and my heart sank.

Taking a seat beside her on the bed, she continues to vent, "He doesn't look at me the same, it's like he's disgusted with what he sees knowing he's stuck taking care of me"

"Well it's not going to be his responsibility anymore, I spoke to your parents yesterday and they're ready for you to come home Pris. They have your room ready and a nursey in place for Naji and all I have to do is take you to them" I let her know but her tears continued to flow.

"He'll be back soon Kai and I don't want anything happening to you" she says riddled with fear and I stand from the bed, "That's why I brought reinforcements" 

Syn walks in just in time with Naji in his hands, "Everything's packed and in the car, all we need fi do a put her inna the car now" he says handing the baby to me before walking over to her wheelchair.

Lifting her off the bed and into the chair, we hurried out of the house with only minutes to spare before Njay came back.

An hour later, we'll pull up outside her parent's new home, "Where are we?" she asks looking confused as her parents approach us.

"I bought your parents a new house so Njay wouldn't be able to find you and starting Monday you'll start treatment to regain mobility so you won't have to rely much on anyone going forward" I answer her with a smile on my face.