Ch. 4 "Betrayal"

(Adams POV)

I was excited for Lily and Luci to meet. I love them both so they should get along. I wanted to ask Luci if he wanted to but he said he's gotten caught up in Heaven recently. I haven't seen him for about three sunsets. I was about to go back to Lilith when I heard the familiar flutter of multiple wings. I turned around excited only to be met with Sera. Her usually soft but stern smile is gone, replaced with a frown and when she sees me, something that looks like.....pity.

"Sera? I thought our next check-in wasn't for a while?" I ask.

"Adam....They didn't even tell you."

"Tell me what? And who?" Suddenly I hear Lilith cry out. I turn and see her being held by an angelic guard. "Sera! W-what the fuck going on!?" I yell before going wide-eyed. Lucifer. He was also being dragged up, a lot rougher than Lilith however.

"We found them by the creek, Sera." One of the guards says, shattering my world.

"S-sera....?"

"Yes Adam?"

"Has Lucifer....has he been in Heaven a lot recently?" Her face saddens as she shakes her head. My eyes fill with a wetness I didn't understand. It falls down my face dripping in the grass. They didn't need to meet. They didn't need me.

"Adam!!" Lucifer yells. "I-I promise it's...," he sighs, " it's.... exactly what it looks like..." I keep my back to him. Him with his rosy cheeks, the hands that would brush through my hair, the soft pink lips that would capture mine after practicing long after the sun went down.

"Sera. What are you gonna do to them?"

Before she could answer "Adam!" rings out again. This time from my wife. She sounded angry.

"You have no reason to be upset!", She says, the determination I used to love in her eyes, "He said that you would always say you loved him!"

"Then I guess he didn't have the fucking balls to say I love you too!" I say my face is hot with anger. "Cause I fucking did! If push came to shove I would have chosen you! But no. You wouldn't have chosen me."

"Of course not!! You boss me around all the time!! Just so you can run off and get me "gifts"!!"

Lucifer speaks up. "You do boss her arou-."

I punched him. I didn't even think about it. I just did. Two guards hold me back. Gently though. I'm crying. Hot, wet tears flowing down my face.

"I hate you. You fucking snake." I spat at him. He looks up at me with sad eyes.

"I'm sorry, Adam I really am!" He tries to say but I turn away from him and look at Sera.

"You were saying?"

"They will be punished by God himself. You will be made a new wife. One not like her. I'm sorry Adam."

The next couple sunsets and sunrises, Sera calls them days, were a blur. I had to tell Sera everything. I didn't see Lucifer and Lilith anymore. They were set free somewhere else in the garden. I didn't care. I met Micheal, the angel Lucifer told me to blame. He was cool.

I also met Eve. She was beautiful. She had soft brown hair that flowed in the breeze. Eyes greener than the grass. It was perfect again.

Until he ruined it again. Eve came back with a fruit. I knew I shouldn't have but I ate in. The one rule and she broke it. I found out Lucifer and Lilith had told her too. I've never hated an angel so much. Lucifer and Lilith were sentenced to fall. That was all I knew. Me and Eve weren't allowed to talk to heaven anymore either. And we weren't in the garden anymore.

------------------------------------------------------------------

642 words!! This one had some angst sorry if it's not the best 😭. But next chapter is gonna be with Sinner Adam 🙃. Bye bye Lovely readers!!!