Sunrise

A cool breeze filled the morning air as the light from the beaming sun rose from between the hills, blanketing the forest it shined on. In this forest, there stayed a group of various critters. A small village if you'd call them.

The sunlight peered its way through the curtains of a big yellow dog house, shining in the face of the leader of the small town like group. His name is Dogday, His eyes squinted open as the light beamed from his bedroom window, taking a deep breath before stretching his arms and letting out a yawn. Dogday Smiled as he hopped out of bed and walked over to his window, flinging the curtains open to welcome more sunlight into his room.

"Good Morning Neighborhood!!" He spoke as he took in the view from his bedroom window, smiling at the sight of his friends houses. His tail wagged from side to side eagerly as he glanced around the houses. His eyes stopped at one house in particular, a tall purple house standing just on the other side of the other houses. It was a tall purple like tower, with a big cat like house at the top. That was the home of his best friend, Catnap! Dogday's smile only grew at the thought of his best pal, spending another day going in new adventures and making memories together.

He turned around to grab his phone charging on his bedside, picking up and started to dile a familiar number. Every morning he always calls up his friends to wish them a good morning to start off the day, and the first person he always calls is Catnap. Dogday stared up at his best friends house as he waited patiently for him to answer the phone. After a few rings, the call was answered.

"Hello?" The sound of a sluggish catnap came from the other end of the phone.

"Good Morning Catnap!!" Dogday cheered through his end, his tail wagging faster than before after hearing the sound of his best friend greeting him being the first thing he said this morning.

"Mmm...Good morning Dogday." Said catnap, letting out a yawn as the sound of blankets rustling on his end.

"Today is such a beautiful day, isn't it Catnap?"

"Mhm.." Dogday skipped to his bathroom to brush his fur as he spoke on the phone with his sleepy kitty friend.

"How did you sleep, Dogday?" Asked catnap.

"I slept Great last night! I made sure I brushed and drank warm milk before I went to sleep."

"That's good.. No new nightmares recently?" Catnap took a small pause before asking the question.

"Nope! I haven't had any bad dreams in over a month. That dream catcher you got me works amazing catnap!" Dogday beamed through his phone. You see, a while back Dogday has had some bad dreams. Catnap didn't want his friend to have trouble in dream land, so he gave him a dream catcher to help him get better dreams.

"That's wonderful Dogday." The monotone cat spoke on the other end, the sound of blankets ruffling finally stopping.

"Yup! I just wanted to wish you a good morning before I head over to see you!"

"Huh-?"

"I'm gonna give the others a call in a bit and I'll come by to see you! I heard hoppy has a new skateboard she wanted to try out.."

"D-Dogday, go ba-" catnap tried to speed but was interrupted by dogday.

"And she said crafty will be there to help decorate it for her. Maybe we can go there and check it out together! We could even skate with them if there's time."

"That...sounds fun."

"Great! I'll be over in a bit, don't worry! I have a nice hot coffee with hazelnut cream that has your name on it for you."