Chapter 7: A Brother in Remorse

NARRATOR POV:

The soldier saw the navigation point ahead and sensed an imminent threat behind him.

He Instinctively flew even faster, creating a trail of light through the air.

He conjured an aether shield to protect himself.

A volley of dark energy slammed into the shield, shattering it in an instant and sending searing pain through his back.

He spun around, conjuring another aether shield just in time to block another burst of dark energy.

The assault was relentless, each volley tearing through his defenses.

In the haze of smoke and debris, a blade cut through the air.

He barely had time to react as it struck his neck, severing it cleanly.

His body fell from the sky, his body limp and lifeless.

His head fell to the ground, followed by his body.

The otherworlder who had also been struck unconscious, lay motionless, falling through the sky.

The winged soldier flew downwards, her wings spreading wide as she descended swiftly to catch the otherworlder. With a graceful swoop, she caught the unconscious girl in her arms, securing her carefully before lifting off again toward the navigation point.

As she flew, the wind whipped around her, the landscape blurring beneath her as she made her way to the towering structure. The navigation point was a magnificent arching building, its high spires reaching into the sky. Golden-lined designs adorned its surface, reflecting the light of the sun.

At its center was an orb, radiating a subtle yet powerful energy.

The winged soldier landed with precision, holding the otherworlder securely in her arms.

She approached the orb, placing her hand gently on its smooth surface, and whispered the words, "Twilight zone."

A brilliant beam of light shot into the sky, illuminating the entire structure with an ethereal glow. The light enveloped both the winged soldier and the otherworlder, their forms dissolving into the brightness. The air around them shimmered as they were transported to the Twilight Zone,

It was a place where the laws of reality could bend.

The light carried them away, the otherworlder remained unconscious, unaware of the journey ahead and the dangers that awaited her in this mysterious new realm.

Zakari POV:

Noticing that the guard of the swordheart region's aether signature dissapeared, the Regent sent a lone soldier to investigate, then when their signature also disapeared, they sent a platoon to investigate further.

"Sharp 001 and Fixie 022, I have relayed the coordinates. Go and investigate," he instructed, his voice calm but commanding. "Take a squad of five with you.

We need to recover the bodies and understand what happened."

"Yessir!" Sharp 001 and Fixie 022 responded in unison. They gathered their squads and flew off toward the given coordinates, their movements quick and efficient.

The leader then turned to the rest of the platoon. "Disperse and guard the region," he ordered, securing the area to prevent further casualties.

He himself headed toward the giant tree, a landmark in the otherwise empty landscape.

As he approached, he noticed the remnants of a bonfire, its embers still faintly glowing amidst the charred wood. It was a clear indication that someone had been here recently, and it aligned with the reports of an otherworlder.