11 Daydreams

Jackson regrets being rude and indifferent to you while in reality he did it to hide his feelings for you. It was a big mistake! He's scared because his feelings for you are so intense and sudden, yet it feels so familiar, so good and so right to him.

Despite it all, he doesn't want to be cruel to you as life and this city have been cruel to him. He hated himself for that. He shouldn't do that. Now that you're gone, it was his stupidest mistake, he realized. And now he feels like an idiot.

What has happened? Has he annoyed you so much that you just left him? Just like that and then you're gone?

Jackson punches the wall again and again as the cheap drywall flakes away with each hit. He stops only when his knuckles begin to bleed and the wall almost caves in.

"Just get over it, Jackson. She left..." Jackson grumbles. Sadness, anger, disappointment and frustration suffocated him. His eyes glistened with tears, his jaw clenching and his throat tightening.

The young wizard's going and grabbing a spare washcloth from his wardrobe. He's wrapping it around his bleeding knuckles. Then he flops on the bed.

His stomach is coiling when he smells your sweet and smoky scent on the pillow and bedsheets. His chest is so heavy. Part of him doesn't want to get over it. He doesn't want to let go. Hell, he doesn't want to let you go.

Jackson sighs and moves his hand to rest under the pillow before his fingers brush over a piece of paper. There's a really old piece of paper right there.

He sits up in an instant. He's yanking the paper out from beneath his pillow and notices it's the same paper from Mark's grimoire. Except for this piece is a letter addressed to him.

Jackson,

In the darkness, you gave me a glimmer of light. And I'm thanking you for that.

I'm thanking you for everything. Thank you for summoning me, for caring about me, and for loving me as thoroughly as you do.

I will forever be grateful for your love is what set me free. You gave me the only thing I ever wanted; freedom.

You gave me love and freedom.

My favorite place in the whole wide world is the beach, a beautiful coastline where you can hear the waves crashing along the shore. I know you asked before. But I thought I should give you a definitive answer, though at this point, you probably don't even care...

But if you do care, if you happen to want to see me again, then follow the spell on this paper. It doesn't take much. All that you need is just a nice breath of fresh air. You'll figure it out if you really want to.

With all my love,

Eve Lilith.

"What the fuck?!" Jackson breathes. His blood rushed with mixed emotions. Mainly he is so pissed off. Yet he's also relieved and concerned.

You were set free because of the feelings that he kept buried in his heart. Those early blooming and blossoming feelings of love were just enough to release you and send you away from his grasp.

He reads over the letter again as he wiped his runny nose, "The coast, huh. Well, think I could always visit the beach," He murmured.

Jackson looks around his room with sadness in his black onyx eyes. He hears the raging city beyond. It's all like the roars of the beasts. Sirens, haunting screams, cringe laughter, and loud gun fires randomly fill the night air, just as usual in Dongdaemun.

And then he sighs. He is so sick and tired of this sick and crazy world he's living in. Jackson doesn't want to be here anymore. He's just so damn tired of all these motherfucking craps.

He doesn't care about getting higher in this kind of life. It doesn't matter what others think. The young man just doesn't want to die. He's content to just live and just be.

And on top of that, he just wants to be with you. Is that too much to ask of this damn old-time, simpleton wizard like him?

It's kinda pathetic that the only wizard who cares about the poor people in the streets, his people, is Mark Tuan, a Master of Daemons. The man so lost in the infernal plane is the only man trying to better the city for the lower class.

He couldn't do anything about that. It's impossible for him, it's too much effort. And Jackson knows he won't be able to help Mark in that endeavor.

The hazelnut-haired man then quickly writes his own letter to Mark, thanking him for everything. Jackson tells him all that happened with you and how he can't do it anymore.

Then Jackson writes the same spell in his letter that you wrote in his, knowing if Mark, or BamBam and Yugyeom wanted to find him, they could. Despite being a harsh master, Mark was one of Jackson's closest friends. And he might miss Mark and the boys after all.

Once it's finished, Jackson leaves the letter on his desk, next to his other books, notes and other stuff. He then takes your letter, only to read over it again.

"A breath of fresh air..." The young man repeats as he thinks before smiling. He realizes the solution is simple, "Hmmm, clever," Jackson grins as he quickly takes a deep breath then releases it, so that it blows over the letters on the old parchment.

Soon, the spell glows a faint green and a plume of smoke starts oozing and pooling out of the paper. Jackson holds onto it, afraid of letting go as he's consumed by the smoke.

A rush of wind begins to blow around the wizard, lifting him off of his feet. He closes his eyes, knowing these types of spells work easier when his sight doesn't fight against it.

The next thing he knows, there's a loud crashing sound. And he's suddenly hit with a salty scent.

Jackson opened his eyes as a gentle breeze caressed his face. He's gaping his mouth as he sees the ocean for the first time.

Offshore, saltwater and ocean waves are in front of him. The wonderful beige sands of the beach combined with the stunning blue, turquoise sea. And the horizon blended with the bright blue sky with wisps of white clouds.

Serenity enveloped his heart that very second. He felt his eyes were blessed by this heavenly sight. It was all wondrous and fascinating.

He had to squint though. The sun here is so bright and brilliant. It's illuminating off the blue water as it swirls and crashes in great big waves.

Jackson takes another deep breath of fresh air, the crisp salty air filling his lungs in a way the smoggy air of the city used to.

"Holy shit... Wow," He chuckles in awe before he hears someone behind him.

When he spins around, he sees you standing there. Your eyes wide in shock as if you couldn't believe Jackson is in front of you.

You have the same wavy, black hair and emerald eyes. Yet no piercings coat your ears, nor do you have the demonic markings running up and down your arms.

You are dressed in a light and pretty cotton dress. The white fabric contrasts with your beautiful olive skin. You clearly look beautiful in white. For him, you look exactly like the bride of his dreams that he often daydreams about.