Chapter 14

"How clueless could you be?" Lorenzo scolds at me as we were at Diego's penthouse

He was mad and not that mad but mad mad.

"What if something happened?" He adds on top of it. I sat on the couch as he was in front of me scolding.

Luckily Diego wasn't here or else he would've been scolded at too, he was dropping João off at his home. João wasn't happy at all with the results at all.

"You're injured on top of it you and Diego go out like nothing. How did you even leave the property at the first place?" he asks.

How am I supposed to tell him that his mother let me go?

"We are not even engaged, so don't meddle with my life." I stand up from th couch and stand in front of him.We face each other face to face as his gaze darkened.

"Fine then the engagement is next week instead of two months." he declares.

"I'm going on a walk." I tell him slipping away from his presence.

"I'm coming with you" he says from behind me as I slip into my jacket.

"Don't you have work to do after all I'm just a business and a burden for you." I tell him the exact thing he told about me.He takes a step back with a slight realisation and confusion.

"Yes I heard everything what you said about me to that woman. I don't care about your sideburns or the way you talk about me but I want some respect in this marriage." After I finish the sentence I walk out of the penthouse.

I wasn't going on a walk, I took the first cab that I saw and got in, I couldn't bear to sit a minute with Lorenzo anymore.

Diego:

If you don't see at your penthouse, I'm just gone for a few hours so don't worry about me

So you want me to spend a few hours with your fiancé ?

I'm serious

I turn off my phone and put it away in my pocket, it doesn't take long before I arrive. I still don't know how I'm going to confront dad about the whole situation because first of all he's been lying for 22 years in my face.

I ring the doorbell and wait, I know João doesn't want to see me at the moment but god I need to talk to him.

"Hello?" He says through the intercom.
"João it's me luzia, can we talk for a moment?"

There's a silence on the other side as I feel a drop of stain fall on my skin. Great. He lives in a typical Porto street were every apartment building was next to each other.