𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

❃

˚❈•━━━━━━••✾••━━━━━━•❈˚
𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑫𝑨𝑹𝑲𝑺𝑰𝑫𝑬
𝑶𝑭 𝑨 𝑵𝑬𝑾 𝑫𝑨𝑾𝑵
❋••━━━━━━━━━━━━••❋

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐒 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐑 𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐃 𝐀 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍, 𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐒 𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐕𝐈𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐓 𝐈𝐓𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅. The whole hall bathed in warm tones because of it and even the crowns of the King and Queen of Archenland shimmered like gold instead of bronze whereas the golden embroidery on their clothing illuminated like strings of light in the beams that fell through the coloured glass.

Nain and Malandre each sat at the other end of the engraved wooden table that was overloaded with freshly baked bread and pastries, fruit salads, scrambled eggs and roasted bacon. Yet, their plates were still empty and their utensils still unused as they waited for the youngest of their two daughters to arrive.

Alara had entered the hall several minutes prior and she had quickly rebraided her hair on her way to the chair to look a bit more presentable after she'd made a curtsy towards her parents.

'How much longer do we wait? Chances are she won't show up until dinner time,' Alara said, referring to her sister Sionann, and the corners of her mother's mouth twitched to refrain herself from smiling widely.

Malandre had tried to convince her husband that it would be wiser to request their daughters' presence during lunch as one would be outside the castle walls during breakfast and the other would be fast asleep. Nain hadn't heeded her words though, and while Alara had miraculously arrived on time, Sionann was probably unable to hear the loud knocking on her bedroom door through her dreams.

'Patience, Alara,' Nain said. 'She'll be here.'

Alara and her mother crossed eyes, exchanging knowing looks but before the echo of King Nain's words could diminish, the doors swung open with such a massive force that they collided with a bang against the walls. The sound shot through the air like thunder and all three heads turned towards the door opening where Sionann stamped through.

Her dark eyebrows rested in a deep frown while her blue eyes glinted dangerously and her wavy, platinum blonde hair as white as moonlight, pointed in all sorts of directions as if she had been caught in the middle of a storm.