I'm a what?

Kai had a rough upbringing in the Bronx. He had to learn how to navigate the streets from a young age and quickly became street-smart. Despite being an average student, Kai consistently earned decent grades ranging from C+ to A and B in all classes. However, despite his good evaluations, his teachers couldn't shake the feeling that he was up to no good and despised seeing him in class every day.

Kai's father was an absent parent who was rarely present. He only reached out to Kai and his mother, Loraine, when he required money or a place to stay. Despite the challenging situation, Kai and his mother made ends meet. Kai didn't have a close bond with his father, but it didn't bother him.

One day, Kai was feeling unwell, so he called his friend Jayce and asked him to meet him at the park near the corner store. When they met, Kai told Jayce about what he had witnessed. He shared with Jayce how his dad had called him a Grimm.

" Grimm? Dude, are you high or something? And  quick question, what even is a Grimm?" Jayce asked.

"I don't even know myself. That was the reason why I asked you. " Kai responded, a bit of annoyance in his voice.

They walked and talked for a few hours, passing the bridge where all the homeless people were. Kai had even tried to search what a Grimm was, but it just brought him to a screen that told him it was an incorrect search.

Suddenly, a deep and sickly voice interrupted their conversation, "Grimm? I haven't heard that name in centuries."