Four

My dearest Summer,

I ran into Abbey on the subway going to Austin's New York location, I was going to work a bar tending shift and she was going there to meet her now fiancé, for dinner. Small world. When you left she had gone to Florida in hopes of getting away from the stress and sadness. I hadn't known she had come back to New York. She said she wasn't staying long, her wedding was going to be here in New York and she was meeting with Austin, being as her reception was at his restaurant. She showed me the dress you would have worn, being as you were supposed to be the maid of honor. It was beautiful color red with nude color heels. Summer you would have looked so good in it. Abbey's dress was stunning. It was white lace with a sweetheart cut and gold threading going all around the dress, she looked like a princess right out of a fairytale. When we final got to the restaurant we hugged, said our goodbyes, and Abbey said she would see me at the wedding. Being as I had forgotten about the wedding, I had a pang of guilt go through me and Abbey looked at me and told me not to worry about it, that we all forget things sometimes. You would have mad fun of me and laughed at me for forgetting such a big event. Especially because she was the first to get married out of our whole friend group, but it would have been worth it because I loved your laugh. The night went by in a flash. Lots of orders were filled and I also had gotten my fill of intoxicated men and women. I made a decent enough amount of money in tips, but being as Austin was rich he tended to take care of everything we could have ever needed, but all I really needed was you Summer. I went and found Austin and thanked him for letting me work a shift and slowly made my way back toward the subway. Once I finally I got back on the subway, I took a seat as it was a fairly long ride home. I plugged in my headphones and put on your favorite song. It was Fortunate Son by CCR. I started to read another Vogue magazine when something caught my eye. I saw a man with an "I survived cancer" t-shirt and I started to think about your first time in the hospital. God was it was hell and God do I miss you.

With warm regards as always,
T