Chapter 7

The crash last night seemed like a distant event, one that I never imagined would entangle me in the pursuit of aiding an extraterrestrial's journey back to their home planet.

Deep down, I harbored the wish that this situation belonged to someone else. However, now that I find myself entwined in this situation, my objective is clear: assist Xynar in his quest to return home, and that will ensure my own safe return to my parents.

I gazed upon the tent-covered area, its chaotic appearance reminiscent of a scene from a "Men in Black" movie. Every corner seemed to have an agent, making the prospect of filtering through the area undetected seem utterly impossible.

As Xynar's eyes darkened, he transformed into his original form. With the black coat over the white outfit. He then reached out for something in his pocket.

"Here, put this on." he stated as he handed it to me.

I furrowed my brows in confusion as I examined the item in my hand. "A wristband?" I asked. "Why do I need to wear this?" It was a sleek black wristband with a small button on one side and intricate engravings along its surface.

"Amanda, put it on. If I am putting it on myself it should not be something bad now should it." he asked mockingly, taking out another wristband from his pocket and putting it on himself.

"I'm not going to put on something I have no idea about. Tell me what it's for." I declared, standing in a demanding manner, a clear demand for answers.

He sighed, frustration evident on his face. "This is for allowing you to see me and yourself when we are invisible. Without it, you will not see me or yourself. Do you understand?" he explained, his tone tinged with impatience as emphasised the 'me or yourself'.

"Does your kind always have split-second personality changes?" I asked, noting his sudden irritation repeatedly.

He closed his eyes, as if trying to calm himself down from whatever was bothering him. "I just need to go home."

"And I'm helping, aren't I? Unless you want to go find someone else to come all the way here that you won't lash out to, I don't appreciate your behavior towards me right now." I stated, fiddling with the wristband, my tone showing slight annoyance and a hint of fright.

He was quiet for a moment, then slowly relaxed his furrowed eyebrows. "I will try to be calm." He responded.

As much as I didn't believe him, I let it go for now. I examined the wristband one more time and put it on as Xynar eagerly waited for me to do so. The moment I put it on, it was a bit loose, but it immediately adjusted itself and latched snugly onto my wrist. Then, it disappeared entirely from my wrist.

Before I could express my panic, I touched my wrist and could still feel the wristband. I guessed it also turned invisible. It had a small vibration that radiated through my whole body. It felt very weird and uncomfortable for the first 3 seconds, then the feeling immediately disappeared, as if I had just grown accustomed to it to a point where I couldn't feel it anymore.

As soon as that happened, Xynar's wristband did the exact same thing. "Good." he stated. "Now are connected."

Before I could ask further questions, he continued. "By connected I mean you will be able to see me now even when I am invisible. Same with me to you. Like I explained before."

While he explained, he was slowly walking away from me. As I attempted to follow him, he called out. "Wait there, I will show you how distance affects it."

I did as instructed. As he was about a yard away from me, I felt the vibration from the wristband and my body cease abruptly. It was such an unexpected sensation.