Chapter 6

Hyunjin's pov:

I'm losing my mind.

Not knowing about something has always driven me insane with anxiety. Kim Seungmin has gotten closer than ever to my Minho, and I don't like it a bit. I can't believe I let go of the most precious thing I'd ever had because of my stupid insecurities over Han Jisung! I would prefer him over the fucking snake now, but it's too late to fret.

As I rush towards the dance room, the one place where I get to have Minho to myself, I find him standing right outside the class, but in a way that he doesn't block anyone's path because he's thoughtful like that. He seems deeply involved in a conversation with his Felix. As I get closer to them, trying to take lighter steps so I can hear whatever the brothers are discussing, and am only able to catch something along the lines 'give him time, just be there' when Felix sharply turns to look at me.

"Hasn't anyone ever taught you it's rude to eavesdrop?", his deep voice paired with the disdain in his eyes is enough to make me flush all over.

Minho, who had been looking so softly at his brother until now, finally turned to face me. I loathe myself all over again as he immediately puts his guards up when he realizes it's me Felix just spoke to.

Was he expecting Seungmin?

"I..I wasn't trying to eavesdrop, I just saw Minho and you and thought I'd say Hi. That's all", I say, trying not to look as guilty as I should feel.

"We're not friends, you don't have to say Hi to me, and I'd prefer you staying away from my brother. Just because he's too nice to not treat you like the shithead you are doesn't mean I would be too", he didn't raise his voice even a decibel, but he didn't need to. His words and demeanour were enough to make me flinch.

"Yongbokah", one word. That's all Minho needed to say to get Felix to look back at him, the shoulders he had drawn so tightly to look up at me now almost looking deflated as the brothers had a silent conversation with their eyes. Minho shook his head at him, and he looked like he would have protested further but didn't after whatever was communicated between them.

If I had any dignity, I would have entered the danceroom as soon as Felix turned back to Minho. But as it seems, my heart isn't the only thing I've lost to Lee Minho.

So I waited for him until Felix finally left for his own class after giving me another warning glare paired with what seemed almost like a sneer. If he hated me before I hurt Minho, he probably wishes he could kill me with his bare hands now.

"I won't say sorry about Lix, he is really protective of me so you'd understand why he isn't very fond of you", it takes me more than a few seconds to process his words. Even the picture of him in my mind can never do any justice to beauty this man possesses, which I'm struck by once again, as he turns to address me.

"You don't have to apologize for him, I deserve it", I don't like myself either.

"What do you want, Hyunjin?", he didn't say I don't deserve it.

You. Is what I want to say, but I have to remind myself to take baby steps now. Rushing things has never ended well with me. "I was thinking of making a dance cover on Youtube, but I wanted to get your opinion before posting anything and... uh, I was wondering if, um... you know?"

"I'm not very good at reading you anymore Hyunjin, can you please clearly state what you want me to do?", his eyes seem intrigued as they always do at the mention of dance, but his body language couldn't be a clearer indicator he doesn't want to stay in my presence any longer than he has to, not when I'm directly speaking to him again.

But I can't have that.

"Can you give me just 5 minutes of your time after class and give me your opinion, please? I know I don't deserve it, but your judgement really matters to me, specially when it comes to dancing. I don't want to look like an idiot on Youtube!", knowing him for years has given me the perfect knowledge of what exactly to say to persuade Minho to do something he doesn't want to. And I'm not ashamed of using it every time I need to.