0.2

((Picture of Jax attached))

Chapter 2

After long hours of watching a bunch of watching random shows on Netflix with Sky, she went home and I was finally able to get some sleep.

Luckily, Tuesday morning treated me a little better than the morning before. Being able to avoid the bed side table bought me more time to get ready, meaning I was actually on time.

I make my way down the stairs, backpack on my shoulder. The bright note on the fridge catches my attention and I go check to see what it says.

"Your father and I both got called into work early this morning and won't be back until tomorrow night. Money for food is in the usual place. Love you x"

Yes, my mom and dad both have the same job. That's actually how they met. They were both training at the same time, and apparently my dad was having trouble and my mom helped him pass the class. He ended up proposing to her a year later.

I open the fridge and grab the milk to make myself a bowl of cereal, thinking about my love life. I've really only had two relationships - one of which I don't count because it was in 4th grade - but I'm not looking for one any time soon.

Ever since my last relationship... Yeah I don't think I'll be with anyone anytime soon.

But it's okay, he is completely out of the picture now. It's not like I cared that much anyway.

Yeah right.

It's been a year, Fleur. Stop.

~•~

I make it to school in time to get a good spot, as opposed to yesterday. When I get to the art room, Maya is the only one there, but she's too focused on texting someone to notice me walk up to her. I want to ask her who she's been talking to recently, but surely she'll just tell me when she's ready, right? I hope she knows that she can trust us. We're her best friends, we won't judge her because of who she likes. Well, to a certain extent. I think there's only one person I wouldn't support her dating, and I haven't talked to him in a year...

After standing there for about 20 seconds unnoticed, I decide to speak up when she giggled.

"What's so funny?"

She jumps and her face looks like she's just seen a ghost.

"Oh, I um... weather," she nervously chuckles. "You know, those meteorologists always cracking those puns."

"Ahh, they are pretty funny aren't they?" I admit, going along with her. I don't want to pressure her into telling me anything if she doesn't want to, so I'll just leave it for now.

Eventually, Liv and Sky show up, but before we know it, it's time to leave for first period.

I get to my locker in time to avoid the last minute rush and grab my things for my first class, PreCal. I shut my locker and turn to start walking towards Mr. Wilson's class but stop just short of colliding with a tall figure. Looking up to see who I almost ran into, I am not surprised to see Jax smirking down at me.

Talk about déjà vu.

"I see you haven't learned how to walk yet," I mumble.

"And I see you're still as feisty as yesterday," he remarks.

"So... is that a bad thing?" I ask raising my eyebrows.

"No, I like'em feisty," he says with a wink.

I roll my eyes and have to remind myself not to throw up.

"Gross. Get some class."

"Oh, but sweetheart, it wouldn't be fun that way, now would it?" He says, tilting his head. The smirk never falls from his face.